What's new

FBI Director Says iPhone and Android Encryption puts Users “Above the Law”

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
1122-1413231159-64a1c157fc3a87fbd5b6049ed5385dce.jpg

AppleInsider reports that FBI Director James Comey has said during an interview with 6o Minutes that iPhone and Android-device encryption is so water-tight that it is placing individuals “above the law.”

During the interview, Come said that he thinks that unbreakable user-data encryption has “gone too far,” and that not even a legal court order would be enough to help the authorities get hold of important information relating to terrorism, child protection, or kidnapping cases, for example.

"The notion that we would market devices that would allow someone to place themselves beyond the law troubles me a lot," Comey said. "As a country, I don't know why we would want to put people beyond the law. That is, sell cars with trunks that couldn't ever be opened by law enforcement with a court order, or sell an apartment that could never be entered even by law enforcement. Would you want to live in that neighborhood?"

Source: AppleInsider

On the contrary, this powerful encryption will make it almost impossible for the FBI, Homeland Security, or any other government agency from placing itself above the law.

I agree sir. Finally a company that is not giving in to the BS....

On the contrary, this powerful encryption will make it almost impossible for the FBI, Homeland Security, or any other government agency from placing itself above the law.
I TOTALLY agree...well said Scifan57

Não sei o que ele falou só sei que quando o FBI aparece, pessoas acabam na cadeia rsrs

Enviado do meu iPhone 5 S