What's new

factory unlock

Scorpio1

Reaction score
Hi there, i have an iphone 5 which i got from verizon when they came out last year and i know its unlocked because i tried att tmobile and i used over seas with no issues. Any sim that i put in it worked imediatly with no problem. I do remember that there was a law that put a block to the sale of unlocked phones being sold after january but then again not long ago a friend of mine just got another iph5 a month ago from verizon and it was unlocked. So my question for anyone that might know is, did this new law that went into effect in january get overturned? Any info would be greatly aprecciated

Last edited:
I know nothing about Verizon, but would mention that if you have a GSM phone unlocked you can get the Straight Talk SIM card and have UNLIMITED data, texting and calling for $45.00 a month. I bought my iPhone 4S Factory Unlocked at the Apple Store last year and have been using the Straight Talk SIM (ordered the ATT card and not TMobile as TMobile has bad coverage in my area). Will sell 4S and upgrade to 5S and still use with Straight Talk SIM. I did not like having a phone bill over $100. a month with a contract.

It doesnt look like you even read my post at all but thanks for ur input