What's new

Factory restore

Chris951

Reaction score
If I do a factory restore on iTunes, will my phone still be activated through Sprint? Could I restore it and be good to go and be able to use 3G and everything immediately? This is an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 if that matters.

If you didn't jailbreak and unlock it after jail breaking it, then there is no worries about performing the factory restore.

Ok cool. No jail breaking here so looks like I'm good then. Thank you

I'm trying to restore it and iTunes keeps saying connection timed out when it tries to download the iOS update. Should I just wait til later? Or is there something I need to do?

Why did you restore? And in your first post you said you had 5.0.1. That is the most recent....you should not need to update...

No reason. I just always like to keep my tech fresh. When I try to restore, it has to redownload the 5.0.1 update and it keeps failing

No reason. I just always like to keep my tech fresh. When I try to restore, it has to redownload the 5.0.1 update and it keeps failing

You don't need to keep reinstalling to keep your product fresh. It's already fresh until the next update then it becomes fresher. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't make it fresher. This will be your problem now the phone will have had a problem somewhere with all the uninstalling and reinstalling. My advice is, press the on/off button on the phone and at the same time press the home button until the phone shuts down (hard reset) see if this helps. If it does then leave the phone alone!

iHolophyte