What's new

FaceTime app missing

Indianavi

Reaction score
Hi I bought my iPhone 4s in UAE. and upgraded it to OS 6.0 in UAE.

I am not sure why but it never had facetime app on the phone. can some one help me gettign it on my phone?

There is no FaceTime application to launch on the iPhone series. Either from Phone or Contacts you can show the list of contacts. Click on one of those contacts. Then click on FaceTime.

In addition... I do believe that the UAE is an area of the world that doesn't allow Facetime. Much like India and the majority of the Middle East.

U r right Thomas it is not allowed in UAE but now I ma in UK. cant I still have it? I searched it and it is not in phone at all..

U r right Thomas it is not allowed in UAE but now I ma in UK. cant I still have it? I searched it and it is not in phone at all..
The originating location of the iDevice is what determines what it is capable of doing. From what I understand, since your iPhone originated from the UAE, it won't be able to use Facetime... regardless of where you're using it.

Thomasjtsi said:
The originating location of the iDevice is what determines what it is capable of doing. From what I understand, since your iPhone originated from the UAE, it won't be able to use Facetime... regardless of where you're using it.

Yeah your right..
Phones from the UAE cannot have FaceTime..

Thanks! worked perfectly for me. Apple doesn't need to make it that hard to figure out though, they should provide you with this info! lol