What's new

Faces

mrjaffa

Reaction score
Tad disappointed with the lack of choices of faces since getting my series 2 watch a couple of days ago. I am loving it overall though.

But I keep seeing a particular face in images online and can't find it in the face gallery. Any idea?

IMG_6394.jpg

This watch face is limited to the Hermès edition of the Apple Watch. It's not possible to get it on an unsupported Apple Watch.

Wow. That's rather shocking. £400 and I can't pick the face I want :-/

Wow. That's rather shocking. £400 and I can't pick the face I want :-/
I assume that whatever agreement exists between Hermès and Apple, it restricts the Hermès Watch face to the limited edition Hermès Apple Watches.

I'm not bothered about the Hermes logo. I just like the dial the way the numbers are arranged :-(

I'm not bothered about the Hermes logo. I just like the dial the way the numbers are arranged :-(
That number font would be trademarked by Hermès as well. There are probably any number of similar watch faces that use a different font.

Not through the official iwatch app though right? [emoji848]

Not through the official iwatch app though right? [emoji848]
Only Watch faces in the watch face gallery in the Watch app on your iPhone are available for your Apple Watch. The watch app on an iPhone paired with the Hermès Apple Watch includes the special Hermès watch faces.

Wow, I like that face as well. I'd use that one if I had it. I don't particularly care for the selection of faces either. I have the 1st series, not sure if the 2nd series has different options. I finally just settled on Mickey Mouse because I big ol kid anyways.

Apple frustrate me so much. I love their products and I'll probably never switch. But why be so restrictive. A friend has an Android watch and I asked how many faces he could choose from. Thousands was his answer. He can even buy some which I wouldn't even mind.

One thing I forgot about, but remembered by accident when I accidentally changed faces the other day, is you can make a custom face from any picture you want. It won't have the moving hands, but you can add digital time, weather, date, sunset, whatever, like the other faces. I haven't used this feature in at least a year and completely forgot about it until I re-found a custom face I made when I got my watch.

One thing I forgot about, but remembered by accident when I accidentally changed faces the other day, is you can make a custom face from any picture you want. It won't have the moving hands, but you can add digital time, weather, date, sunset, whatever, like the other faces. I haven't used this feature in at least a year and completely forgot about it until I re-found a custom face I made when I got my watch.
You can also set it up so that a different photo is displayed every time you raise your wrist to check the time.

Yeah. Thanks guys. I'd seen that. So I'd searched for a new classy face but then realised without the hands and only with the digital clock it didn't really work :-(

Apple frustrate me so much. I love their products and I'll probably never switch. But why be so restrictive. A friend has an Android watch and ...
As a recent refugee from the Android ecosystem I feel that frustration. But, here's what you get, in return:

Security researchers have claimed to have discovered possibly the largest malware campaign on Google Play Store that has already infected around 36.5 million Android devices with malicious ad-click software.

The security firm Checkpoint on Thursday published a blog post revealing more than 41 Android applications from a Korean company on Google Play Store that make money for its creators by creating fake advertisement clicks from the infected devices.
Source: Judy Android Malware Infects Over 36.5 Million Google Play Store Users

Not that kind of thing ^^^^^

That kind of thing, that particular incident reported after we'd already started moving off Android, along with a variety of other reasons Google. Android device makers, and the Android ecosystem finally drove me away, is why my wife and I are now Apple customers.