What's new

Facebook sound alerts

barmby

Reaction score
This is driving me crackers. My facebook App alert sounds do not work. I have everything set up correctly but still no sounds when a Facebook notification arrives. I get a visible notification but this all. I own an iphone 6. Please help.

Just to be clear on what you've done...you have gone into Settings>Sounds>Facebook Post and have chosen a sound there? And you have "Allow Notifications" ON and "Sounds" ON in the Notification Center?

And are you aware there is also an "in app" sound setting for Facebook? You would open up FB settings and find it there.

Yes I have checked all my settings. They are all correct. It is baffling me so much

Try uninstalling FB and then reinstalling. Also try a reset by holding home button and power button at same time until the apple logo appears. The release both buttons and wait for reboot. Oftentimes this will clear little "bugs".

I'm having the same problems as the OP, but with a different app (Netatmo). No alert tones, but the visual alert on screen works.

I was thinking the problem was with the app, seeing as Netatmo is not a very popular app. But if Facebook app is doing the same, it now has me wondering if it's not the app causing the problem, but ios 9.

I have many other apps what have not been updated for iOS 9, but their alert tones and notifications work just like they did in iOS 8.

OP, your not the only one with alert tone problems.

@barmby
All your other notifications are working? I'm just trying to make sure you didn't mute your iPhone.

If uninstalling, reinstalling and rebooting don't help, maybe resetting all settings will solve your problem. (Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings)
This won't remove data, but it will set back your settings to default. This means you'll have to check them afterwards to make sure you enable and disable everything you prefer.