What's new

Facebook Question

ChunkyMonkey427

Reaction score
I only use my iPhone to check my Facebook account. But some how my husband can get into my Facebook account and read all my messages and chats. I have changed the password a few times, but he still manages to log in. How is this possible? Is there something that I'm missing?
Thanks

Are you using the facebook app, or through safari?

With the FaceBook app, it will ALWAYS keep you logged in, unless you manually log out.

Same goes with the web version. It will keep you logged in until you manually log out, or clear your cookies.

But he would have to actually use my phone to see them, correct? I do use the app and have used safari. But if he doesn't have access to my phone, how would he get in there?
This is totally confusing me!!!!! =)

He have access to your email, or has his email as a secondary email for your Facebook, or all your emails are transferred to his email automatically. Whatever it is, since he doesn't have access to your phone, then he use the email methods to access your Facebook. If all Facebook messages arrive to your email box, he can then read all your facebooks messages and chats right from your mail box, and there are always links in the email sent to you by Facebook, if he clicks on any of those links, he will land directly to your Facebook without input any password since he click on the link right from your email or his email in case all your emails are transferred to his mail box. I don't see any other way of him accessing your Facebook then.

seems like you're husband has trust issues that he needs to resolve. change your main email password, delete the saved password history in your home pc if you have one. i think it's also possible to change your email address within the account settings. hope you get this resolved

seems like you're husband has trust issues that he needs to resolve. change your main email password, delete the saved password history in your home pc if you have one. i think it's also possible to change your email address within the account settings. hope you get this resolved

I'm afraid that she will not be able to change the email address but maybe the displaying name of the email. The is no point of changing or hiding the email address anyway since she have to share her email address to be able to receive emails, but yes she have to now change the password of the email address which is connected to her Facebook, also again she have to change her Facebook password at the same time. But all this will be useless if her email box is set to automatically forward emails to another email address, like to her husband email address, so before changing any passwords, she have to make sure that her emails are not transfered/forward to any other email by going to her email box settings, once that part is clear, she can change her email box password anx then her Facebook password.

I never even thought about him getting into my emails. My home computer will automatically open and run Mail. So I went into facebook and changed my email address to my yahoo account. That is not set up with Mail at home. Changed my password on FB and will Change my password for all my emails accounts. I don't know how to check to see if my emails have been forwarded.

Thanks,

I never even thought about him getting into my emails. My home computer will automatically open and run Mail. So I went into facebook and changed my email address to my yahoo account. That is not set up with Mail at home. Changed my password on FB and will Change my password for all my emails accounts. I don't know how to check to see if my emails have been forwarded.

Thanks,

I'm not in front of a computer now, but it should be easy to find it in the settings of your yahoo mail account. Once I have yahoo in front of me I will post you the how to check those settings.

What about on your Mail account? I was using an ATT account before. Which was set up to my Mail on my iMac. That is the only way i figured he could get into it.
I just now switched my email on FB to my yahoo address. Which is NOT set up to my Mail on the iMac.

What about on your Mail account? I was using an ATT account before. Which was set up to my Mail on my iMac. That is the only way i figured he could get into it.
I just now switched my email on FB to my yahoo address. Which is NOT set up to my Mail on the iMac.

Ok. But just so you know, if you are sure that he doesn't use your phone which has Facebook set to login automatically, then he's using an email method to access your Facebook. Now that you've changed the email account which is connected to your Facebook, I think that he will not be able to read your Facebook stuff anymore:) but out of curiosity hein... Why don't u want to share your Facebook stuff with your man? He wants to feel close or closer to you and know you better to be able to love you better I think :)

If you don't want him peeking at your phone, put a lock screen on it.

Well, we are currently separated. I do have guy friends that I talk to on FB so he wants to make sure that I'm not "hooking" up with them. So while he is being all sneaky and lying to me about how he is doing this, its making me lose all respect for him.
I do put a lock screen on my phone now. Which just pisses him off. He thinks that since I do that, it means that i have something to hide. But i really don't. Its just the fact that he snopes through all my stuff, but keeps all his a secret or deletes it all.

Well, we are currently separated. I do have guy friends that I talk to on FB so he wants to make sure that I'm not "hooking" up with them. So while he is being all sneaky and lying to me about how he is doing this, its making me lose all respect for him.
I do put a lock screen on my phone now. Which just pisses him off. He thinks that since I do that, it means that i have something to hide. But i really don't. Its just the fact that he snopes through all my stuff, but keeps all his a secret or deletes it all.

He's jealous and at least it means that he still love you and so doesn't want you to find some one else over facebook :)
Well it's good that your phone is locked now and all your facebook stuff emails are all safe:)

But he would have to actually use my phone to see them, correct? I do use the app and have used safari. But if he doesn't have access to my phone, how would he get in there?

Read the precedent posts. There are many ways he could use to access your Facebook, not necessary by touching your phone.