What's new

Facebook App

2015Girl

Reaction score
does using the app makes your phones battery drain faster? I use the app on sarfri.

does using the app makes your phones battery drain faster? I use the app on sarfri.
The iOS Facebook app is a known data hog and will tend to keep running in the background, using up data and running the battery down. It's recommended to force-close the app whenever you're not actually using it.

The iOS Facebook app is a known data hog and will tend to keep running in the background, using up data and running the battery down. It's recommended to force-close the app whenever you're not actually using it.
How do u close it?

There's a Facebook client called Friendly+. I use it quite a bit. You can have multiple accounts and color themes. The paid version has ad blocker. It's actually pretty nice.

You close it by double clicking the iPhone home button, then swiping up on the Facebook app. As for me, I access Facebook on my iPhone from Safari and do not use the app. That has kept Facebook from being a drain on my iPhone battery.

You close it by double clicking the iPhone home button, then swiping up on the Facebook app. As for me, I access Facebook on my iPhone from Safari and do not use the app. That has kept Facebook from being a drain on my iPhone battery.
So do i

App doesn't seem to battery drain for me ...I have it to manually update when I go into it ...
Well, that's a different problem. You shouldn't have to manually update. I only use the Safari access because when I use the app it insists on me also having their messenger app and the latter annoys me. I have the Safari site bookmarked and saved on my desktop. But when I used the FB app, I never had to update it as you do.

6s Plus [emoji390]

I keep it to manually on purpose ...I don't want it to refresh until I enter the app ...I don't like to use messenger and only respond to any messages if on computer ...I figured if you want to reach me you shouldn't need to use FB messenger Lol

6s Plus [emoji390]

That why I use it in the computer setting, on my iPhone, rather than using the app. And I don't allow it to use Background Refresh, ever. So I guess I do not understand what you mean by manually update but no matter.

That why I use it in the computer setting, on my iPhone, rather than using the app. And I don't allow it to use Background Refresh, ever. So I guess I do not understand what you mean by manually update but no matter.

Yes same with me under FB settings I don't let background refresh ...I find the app better for some things than browser ...if I did use messenger then browser be the way ...

6s Plus [emoji390]

About Background App Refresh. This feature began in iOS 7. Many tech writers didn't understand it's purpose and chalked it up as the big bad battery eater. WRONG! The purpose of Background App Refresh is to help apps running in the background to do so more efficiently, thereby saving battery life. Apps will run in the background whether Background App Refresh is turned on or not. They need to run in the background to work properly. Most are only there a very short time. The problem is those that run too long in the background. Apps like Facebook, TapaTalk and even the stock Mail app do run way to long. But you don't gain anything by turning Background App Refresh off for apps. You can check in Settings > Battery and see which apps are causing problems.

@Ledsteplin thank you for info ...I do feel turning it off on individual app background refresh does helps with battery ..I've tested with it on and off ...including battery stats ...although it may be minimal anything we can squeeze extra helps ...

6s Plus [emoji390]

Here's the the thing, if you've always had the facebook app on your phone you wouldn't really be able to tell if it's a big drain on your battery. The best way to decide is to delete the app and load facebook from your browser. You should be able to see pretty quickly