What's new

Facebook and YouTube no landscape

sandeeppathak007

Reaction score
So when I use YouTube it does not go in landscape mode (full screen) until I do it manually(tapping the full screen button)

Same is the issue with Facebook it will go in landscape only if I am watching any video else will remain in portrait mode.

Is anyone else also facing this issue, is it a known issue?

So when I use YouTube it does not go in landscape mode (full screen) until I do it manually(tapping the full screen button)

Same is the issue with Facebook it will go in landscape only if I am watching any video else will remain in portrait mode.

Is anyone else also facing this issue, is it a known issue?

Try turning off your orientation lock by swiping up from the button and hitting the lock icon. If it's red, your orientation lock is on, if it's not red, it's off (allows the screen to rotate)

It's app design decision. The devs of those apps may not have coded for landscape modes while using certain apps.

It likely just displays poorly or limited the user experience so they may have disabled it.

Try turning off your orientation lock by swiping up from the button and hitting the lock icon. If it's red, your orientation lock is on, if it's not red, it's off (allows the screen to rotate)

Checked that and the screen orientation is not locked at all.

It's app design decision. The devs of those apps may not have coded for landscape modes while using certain apps.

It likely just displays poorly or limited the user experience so they may have disabled it.

So do you confirm that I am not the only one ..

So do you confirm that I am not the only one ..

He is right, some developers disable landscape. I did some checking and found that you are correct, both Facebook and YouTube don't go into landscape through normal browsing (not watching a video) however YouTube automatically rotated when i selected a video.

Fb and msn forced to be installed as two different high consumers of battery and data apps were dismissed by me :) I use friendly app (FB, MSN & instagram altogether). Paid version has no adds and Adblock for every internal links used in app. Allows landscape mode. Highly recommend this app. Last but not least refreshing animation is pacman;)~

YouTube switches to landscape fine for me once the video is loaded, is that what you mean? You can't change orientation as you please with most apps.

Yeah if u are in YouTube and not watching a video but just going through the list if you change the phone orientation the app remain lock in portrait mode

YouTube switches to landscape fine for me once the video is loaded, is that what you mean? You can't change orientation as you please with most apps.

Yeah if u are in YouTube and not watching a video but just going through the list if you change the phone orientation the app remain lock in portrait mode
That's because it's up to the app developer whether or not to allow the app to work in landscape mode on the iPhone. If the app developer has chosen not to allow operation in landscape mode there's nothing the user can do to change it. With YouTube, the developer only allows landscape mode while watching videos.