What's new

Exchange keeps saying wrong password

lennie paz

Reaction score
I have my Gmail account set up as an Exchange account. It has been working fine for months and today it started saying it's the wrong password. I put the password in 500 times and it still says it's wrong. I am 150% positive I am putting in the right password. Can I get some help with this please? I have an iPhone 4 by the way.

Mine does this every now and then, what i did was sign in on the computer and re-do your password and then change it on your phone. This should take care of it.

What i do is login/ activate it using VPN and it works.

I'm a new iPhone 4 user (Verizon). Didn't know you could use Exchange to access Hotmail and its folders this way. Tried it, everything gets to the point of "incorrect passcode" in Exchange as others are reporting, although of course the passcode IS correct. I've gone to Hotmail and reset my passcode to no change. Not exactly sure the settings for VPN and Hotmail; search function on the forums doesn't accept "VPN" as being too short a search term. I'm open to any thoughts from more experienced iPhone users. In the meantime I have the MailPro app installed which gives me access to all my Hotmail folders. Would like to do it from the native Mail app, but right now that's not happening. Pass along any tips, and I'll be sure you get into Heaven ;)

I'm a new iPhone 4 user (Verizon). Didn't know you could use Exchange to access Hotmail and its folders this way. Tried it, everything gets to the point of "incorrect passcode" in Exchange as others are reporting, although of course the passcode IS correct. I've gone to Hotmail and reset my passcode to no change. Not exactly sure the settings for VPN and Hotmail; search function on the forums doesn't accept "VPN" as being too short a search term. I'm open to any thoughts from more experienced iPhone users. In the meantime I have the MailPro app installed which gives me access to all my Hotmail folders. Would like to do it from the native Mail app, but right now that's not happening. Pass along any tips, and I'll be sure you get into Heaven ;)

The only thing I can suggest, is to follow this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Setup Push Hotmail on Your iPhone

Thanks, but that's the exact method I've tried a few times. I see that many others have the same issue, and that for most, if not all, it has yet to be resolved. I tried turning off SSL as I'd seen that discussed on some similar threads, but that isn't the answer, either.