What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Willerz,
1) Will getting Bootstrap Command back off our phones when MobileSubstrate updates require a restore and re-jailbreak or just a simple Cydia removal?

2)And what's the repo where I can get Bootstrap Command?

3) Will BS Command make our 5S' any more usable with tweaks - or only 4. 4S and 5?

1) Yes. Running Bootstrap from the original dev's repo will execute a refresh for MobileSubstrate. There will be 2 apps presented on your Springboard upon installation, one being TSReboot, and one being TSRespring. TSRespring will re-enable MobileSubstrate.

2) The developer's repo is http://cydia.myrepospace.com/pwn24k/ The last slash must be there. Package name is BootStrap.

3) No. This is strictly for pre-A7 devices. Bootstrap strictly refreshes MobileSubstrate, it does not increase compatibility. You can have afc2add, iFile, f.lux and XBMC flawlessly. iFile being flawless assuming you can ignore the little pop-up with the UDID license check failure.

so has anyone jailbroke a 4s with ios7.4 yet with success?

Jailbroken 4 devices on 7.0.4, all without an issue on the first try

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa
Willerz, often you answer very specific questions - with general answers. The poster asked if anyone had successfully jailbroken a "4S". You answered very generally. Have you jailbroken a 4S, specifically - successfully? Thanks.

Willerz, often you answer very specific questions - with general answers. The poster asked if anyone had successfully jailbroken a "4S". You answered very generally. Have you jailbroken a 4S, specifically - successfully? Thanks.

Signature has the answer. But yes, I have. Generic answers usually comes from the lack of sleep, in this case, clocking 60+ hours straight does that to you :p

To readers, I've compiled a small list of common tweaks in the initial post. If you have a request for a specific tweak, feel free to request to see if the tweak works or not on iOS 7 on pre-A7 devices. I should be able to provide a status on it within a day or two through testing multiple devices

Last edited:
Both Evasi0n7 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. I went through the trouble to restore the devices afresh when 1.0.1 was released and they worked for all my devices.

Removed the horribly formatted list in the initial post. Replaced it with a link to cydiaupdates as well as a Google Spreadsheet with a list of tweaks and their status on iOS 7. Will attempt to update it as things change.

Quick question, still really new to jailbreaking.

If I jailbreak now, just to look around and see what this is all about, will I have to re-jailbreak when Mobile Substrate is updated? Or is that pushed through a Cydia update?

Quick question, still really new to jailbreaking.

If I jailbreak now, just to look around and see what this is all about, will I have to re-jailbreak when Mobile Substrate is updated? Or is that pushed through a Cydia update?

I think you will. A similar questions was answered 1 page back. If you're new, I also dont think there's much reason to jailbreak yet. Almost none of the Cydia apps work with the iOS 7 jailbreak yet.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by aox4121
Willerz,
1) Will getting Bootstrap Command back off our phones when MobileSubstrate updates require a restore and re-jailbreak or just a simple Cydia removal?

3) Will BS Command make our 5S' any more usable with tweaks - or only 4. 4S and 5?

Willerz2 said:
1) Yes. Running Bootstrap from the original dev's repo will execute a refresh for MobileSubstrate. There will be 2 apps presented on your Springboard upon installation, one being TSReboot, and one being TSRespring. TSRespring will re-enable MobileSubstrate.

2) The developer's repo is http://cydia.myrepospace.com/pwn24k/ The last slash must be there. Package name is BootStrap.

3) No. This is strictly for pre-A7 devices. Bootstrap strictly refreshes MobileSubstrate, it does not increase compatibility. You can have afc2add, iFile, f.lux and XBMC flawlessly. iFile being flawless assuming you can ignore the little pop-up with the UDID license check failure.

Last edited:
I think you will. A similar questions was answered 1 page back. If you're new, I also dont think there's much reason to jailbreak yet. Almost none of the Cydia apps work with the iOS 7 jailbreak yet.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by aox4121
Willerz,

Willerz2 said:

Awesome, thank you so much. I should probably have mentioned I am on the iPhone 5, whether or not that makes a difference in your answer.

Bootstrap has worked pretty well for me as Willerz outlined - but it's a little weird and occasionally resprings or reboots on its own -- making you think something else could be wrong. It's not. But there's a new tweak out called MS Cache Fix that does what Bootstrap does - a little more elegantly from what I'm reading. I forget the repo where to get it - and haven't tried myself yet. But what I'm reading is very positive and makes those of using 4, 4S and 5 have a little more success with tweaks based on Mobile Substrate. Right now, with BootStrap, I'm using Gridlock and even Winterboard pretty successfully. There's only one theme out there certified iOS7 ready.. and it's okay so far.. iFile's fine too. All of this on my 4 and 4S.

Heading out to get my Christmas present of a 5S today! Yay!

I use my phone for my work e-mail... Exchange specifically and it locks my ability to turn off the passcode unless I ditch the e-mail account. I'm guessing I should do all that since this appears to have a full reboot of the phone involved... is this a recommended or required thing... i.e. no passcode?