What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

PreferenceLoader issue. Remove PreferenceLoader, and install again. Re-installing using the reinstall option will not resolve the issue, it must be a full removal and a fresh installation.
This doesn't work for all of us. Would be nice if it were that easy. I have same problem with my 4. No matter how many times I remove/reload PrefLoader.. no Prefs.. People, please make sure you list your Device when making an observation here. Things are working differently for different devices we're discovering.

esa2e9az.jpg

i did try to install activator for iOS 7 on iphone 5S but nothing happen

Essentially nothing works on the iPhone 5S, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (w/ RD).

This doesn't work for all of us. Would be nice if it were that easy. I have same problem with my 4. No matter how many times I remove/reload PrefLoader.. no Prefs.. People, please make sure you list your Device when making an observation here. Things are working differently for different devices we're discovering.

Try installing Bootstrap Command to refresh MobileSubstrate. Then respring or reset your device.

Try installing Bootstrap Command to refresh MobileSubstrate. Then respring or reset your device.
Ok, Willerz.. I'll give that a try. Is Bootstrap a Cydia Tweak? And then how does one 'refresh' Mobile Substrate using it?

That's wonderful news! Now all we have to do is wait for the developers to update their tweaks and apps to work with the new jailbreak.

Soooo I'm still on 5.0.1 since I missed the iOS 6 JB window (long story).

I Do Not Want To Own An iPhone That Is Not Jailbroken WITH The Apps I want- but more and more JB apps are unavailalble since I'm not at least on iOS 6xxx.

I specifically do not want to lose: AndroidLockXT, AskToCall, RingerxVIP, Photosafe, TetherMe, AppLocker, Flux, MaunalCorrect, XMessages or the ability to delete that damned outgoing text shoosh sound. I dont themse so those aren't a big deal to me.

Do I need to upgrade to 7 now and JB or is it safe to wait until the apps catch up?

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks,
Rik

Ok, Willerz.. I'll give that a try. Is Bootstrap a Cydia Tweak? And then how does one 'refresh' Mobile Substrate using it?

The full name of the tweak is Bootstrap Command in case anything else comes up. Its execution runs on 2 levels. When booting/respringing and MobileSubstrate is not working properly, it re-executes MobileSubstrate since the current issue is that MobileSubstrate is not loading properly in some cases on reboot/respring.

Soooo I'm still on 5.0.1 since I missed the iOS 6 JB window (long story).

I Do Not Want To Own An iPhone That Is Not Jailbroken WITH The Apps I want- but more and more JB apps are unavailalble since I'm not at least on iOS 6xxx.

I specifically do not want to lose: AndroidLockXT, AskToCall, RingerxVIP, Photosafe, TetherMe, AppLocker, Flux, MaunalCorrect, XMessages or the ability to delete that damned outgoing text shoosh sound. I dont themse so those aren't a big deal to me.

Do I need to upgrade to 7 now and JB or is it safe to wait until the apps catch up?

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks,
Rik

When Apple will release 7.1 and whether it's patching Evasi0n7 exploits or not is uncertain. The release can be as spontaneous as the Evasi0n7 release. Even though we're currently sitting on iOS 7.1 beta 2 with beta 3 seeded out to a group of testers, Evasi0n7 could have been flash-patched and released out, and the current beta 3 would be a possible 7.1.1 release. If you're looking to take the risk or unless you're keeping up with the constant iOS release to the second and ready to restore at any second, then you can choose to not jailbreak now.

Is it safe to jailbreak or should I wait for Mobile Substrate to update? Will someone ever give the "go" saying that everything is working?

MobileSubstrate is working in the sense that it's available for the small things, just not for completely dependent tweaks.

Theoretically, if the current version of Winterboard is usable on iOS 7, without an updated MobileSubstrate it wouldn't run at all, and on attempt to respring, you'd crash into Safe Mode or go through a boot loop. MobileSubstrate is semi-working in the sense that it works until you reboot, then you'd need something like Bootstrap to give the machine a kick so it starts up again. But the basics such as Activator works since it's not 100% dependent on MobileSubstrate on Winterboard and quite a few of the more popular tweaks.

Theoretically, if the current version of Winterboard is usable on iOS 7, without an updated MobileSubstrate it wouldn't run at all, and on attempt to respring, you'd crash into Safe Mode or go through a boot loop. MobileSubstrate is semi-working in the sense that it works until you reboot, then you'd need something like Bootstrap to give the machine a kick so it starts up again. But the basics such as Activator works since it's not 100% dependent on MobileSubstrate on Winterboard and quite a few of the more popular tweaks.
Do you think you can update the OP when MS is fully working? I think I'm not going to jailbreak until MS is completely working.

I'll keep the initial post updated until the point where the major tweaks are updated.

Update: The Evasi0n7 utility has been updated to 1.0.1 to fix the iPad 2 Wifi model issues

Last edited:
When Apple will release 7.1 and whether it's patching Evasi0n7 exploits or not is uncertain. The release can be as spontaneous as the Evasi0n7 release. Even though we're currently sitting on iOS 7.1 beta 2 with beta 3 seeded out to a group of testers, Evasi0n7 could have been flash-patched and released out, and the current beta 3 would be a possible 7.1.1 release. If you're looking to take the risk or unless you're keeping up with the constant iOS release to the second and ready to restore at any second, then you can choose to not jailbreak now.

I guess I was more or less asking what YOU would do my situation, knowing what I want from my device. You seem to be about the most omnipotent one around here lol.

Frankly I'm not smart enough to deal with the current issues the JB is having anyway but even once bootstrap and MS and ABC and DEF are all working together I'm not sure what to do. I'm afraid once the dev update their apps to 7 I'll be lucked out but I don't want to jump to 7 if they apps I want aren't, or even worse may not be updated to 7.

Thanks Willerz,

Rik

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I was more or less asking what YOU would do my situation, knowing what I want from my device. You seem to be about the most omnipotent one around here lol.

Frankly I'm not smart enough to deal with the current issues the JB is having anyway but even once bootstrap and MS and ABC and DEF are all working together I'm not sure what to do. I'm afraid once the dev update their apps to 7 I'll be lucked out but I don't want to jump to 7 if they apps I want aren't, or even worse may not be updated to 7.

Thanks Willerz,

Rik

There are only 2 things that I emphasize as a must have for me, and they're root access (afc2add package included), and iFile. Other than that, I essentially don't need anything else. If that's your exact same need, then it's safe to jailbreak. If you rely on downloading packages through Cydia, then it's recommended that you not upgrade to iOS 7 if you're not on iOS 7 just yet, or don't jailbreak yet if you're already on iOS 7. The iOS 7 update mandate deadline for AppStore apps is in February, so you still have about 2 months to roll before you're forced to upgrade iOS 7 if you want the latest version of the app.

There are only 2 things that I emphasize as a must have for me, and they're root access (afc2add package included), and iFile. Other than that, I essentially don't need anything else. If that's your exact same need, then it's safe to jailbreak. If you rely on downloading packages through Cydia, then it's recommended that you not upgrade to iOS 7 if you're not on iOS 7 just yet, or don't jailbreak yet if you're already on iOS 7. The iOS 7 update mandate deadline for AppStore apps is in February, so you still have about 2 months to roll before you're forced to upgrade iOS 7 if you want the latest version of the app.

Still on 5.0.1. Guess I'll wait a bit then.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

Rik

Willerz,
1) Will getting Bootstrap Command back off our phones when MobileSubstrate updates require a restore and re-jailbreak or just a simple Cydia removal?

2)And what's the repo where I can get Bootstrap Command?

3) Will BS Command make our 5S' any more usable with tweaks - or only 4. 4S and 5?