What's new

Erasing Contacts & Settings after Jailbreaking & Unlocking phone.Phone now frozen up.

mikes1lakerfan

Reaction score
I jailbroke & unlocked my iphone 3g after it was given to me by my sister. But she forgot to erase all contacts & media. So I tried to erase contacts & media by selecting the ERASE CONTACTS & SETTING option form the general settings menu. Should I have NOT done this? The phone seems to be stuck in bootup mode!

Thank you for responding. So I restored my iphone but unfortunately the baseband & firmware were updated to 4.2.1 and 05.15.04. I know ultrasn0w won't unlock the phone, so I'm trying to upgrade the baseband to 06.15.00 but can't seem to locate the file version Redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6. It seems Redsn0w has removed the file from their site. Does anyone know what or which version replace it or if there's another file to use?

mikes1lakerfan said:
Thank you for responding. So I restored my iphone but unfortunately the baseband & firmware were updated to 4.2.1 and 05.15.04. I know ultrasn0w won't unlock the phone, so I'm trying to upgrade the baseband to 06.15.00 but can't seem to locate the file version Redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6. It seems Redsn0w has removed the file from their site. Does anyone know what or which version replace it or if there's another file to use?

Go to the devteam blog. There is a new redsn0w and a way to unlock it. You update to 6.15.00 and then downgrade to an unlockable baseband. 0.9.6b6 is old.