What's new

erase embarrassing text messages

ericyo

Reaction score
is there a way where you can clear the text messages that you sent after the other person received it??

I believe there's a Cydia package that does just this... ugh, can't remember what it's called though. Only downfall to it is the person receiving the message can still take a screenshot of the message.

Just click edit in the top right corner of the SMS window, select the message(s) you want to delete and then hit "delete." The recipient will still have the message though, no way to remove it from their phone.

is there a way where you can clear the text messages that you sent after the other person received it??

You can just go into your messages. At the top says edit. Click this then on the left are circles tick each message you want removed and click clear. This allows you to delete messages you might get caught for (laughs out loud)

Hope that helps.

iHolophyte

I am guessing he means a way to delete the message on the other persons phone, much like recalling and email that has yet to be read (can do this at work). This concept would be nice as I have sent the wrong people the wrong text before when in a texting frenzy lol. I think a confirm button would be nice, confirming you want to send this text to the name of the recipient lol. I had that on my droid to prevent butt dialing.

I am guessing he means a way to delete the message on the other persons phone, much like recalling and email that has yet to be read (can do this at work). This concept would be nice as I have sent the wrong people the wrong text before when in a texting frenzy lol. I think a confirm button would be nice, confirming you want to send this text to the name of the recipient lol. I had that on my droid to prevent butt dialing.

Ahhh ok I see. Never knew such a thing existed. I'm not that popular so don't have trouble with sending the wrong person the wrong text 😝 (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Don't drink so much and you won't send it! :facetime:

Not off another persons phone you can delete off your inbox but once it's sent that's it

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk