What's new

Emptying mail box

Susanne56

Reaction score
is there any way to mass delete messages or must I empty it one by one?

is there any way to mass delete messages or must I empty it one by one?
As far as I know there's no way to bulk delete iMessages. You'll have to tap the edit button at the top left of the list of messages, then tap the circle next to each message you want to delete then tap the delete button at the bottom right of the message list to delete the selected messages.

If you want to bulk delete your email messages, the second post in this thread from our sister forum, iPad Forums, explains how. email oddity - I know I m popular but ... Apple iPad Forum

Last edited:
It's also possible to delete all messages of a conversation without checkmarking every one.

Open one of the conversations in Messages. Tap and hold on one of the messages. Two options will appear (in black): Copy and More...
Tap "More". That done, "Delete All" will become visible at the upper left. Tap this to remove the whole conversation, confirm.

Last edited:
Good luck. The solution listed here does not always work. I got a new i6 and when I set up my one POP account i had 4000 emails downloaded. The only way I was able to solve the issue was to dump all the emails on the server, delete and the setup the account from scratch. Not exactly a productive use of one's time.Perhaps a future update will include some sort of basic mass delete for emails.