What's new

eMail Messages Take Too Long to Download

Rich124

Reaction score
My wife and I have identical iPhone 7's. It takes an inordinate amount of time for her email to open and display the message. It literally takes about 30+ seconds. Mine opens email immediately. Any suggestions as to why hers won't open? Any help would be appreciated.

Sometimes performance issues like this can be solved with the occasional hard reset. Press and hold the on/off and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. It will take a few seconds to boot back up. This won't affect any data or apps.

Just a quick reminder l think that with the iPhone 7 and 7plus you need push the volume down button not the on/off button to do a reset

With the the iPhone7, to do a reset you actually need to hold the On/off button plus either of the volume buttons until you see the Apple logo. Then let go.

Just a quick reminder l think that with the iPhone 7 and 7plus you need push the volume down button not the on/off button to do a reset
It would be the Volume down button and the power button to do the reset, with the volume button substituting for the home button on earlier iPhones. This is due to the solid state home button on the iPhone 7 models not being suitable for doing the reset.

It would be the Volume down button and the power button to do the reset, with the volume button substituting for the home button on earlier iPhones. This is due to the solid state home button on the iPhone 7 models not being suitable for doing the reset.

This is the correct way to do a reset. That said, it still didn't resolve the issue of the inordinate amount of time it takes to get new email and then to open it. Any other suggestions?

Are your two accounts with the same provider, same settings (except for email address and password, of course)? If so you could try deleting her account from her phone and setting it back up again. Be sure to do a hard reset on the phone between the delete and setting the account up again. If you're not on the same provider I wonder if it could be an issue with the provider. You could always temporarily set up her account on your phone as a test to see if it acts the same.