What's new

Editing theme icons using Ifile

Chrisray2120

Reaction score
The theme I like did not want to convert my stock apps- camera, mail, passbook, video and reminders to be specific. I have found the paths in Ifile for the icons I want to change. I'm confused on how to re write the file names to get the icon I want. I'm viewing the pictures of the icon I want from the files. They have about 6 files in the com.apple.camera path. Camera.png, icon.png, [email protected], [email protected], camera~iPhone.png.png, camera@2x~iPhone.png.png. Anyone help me out with what to do about making the right icon show for my theme?

To make life a bit easier, before you start with any complicated stuff - may I recommend you take a look at either "ThemeIconMaker" (free) or IconHarvester ($4.99).

What both of these tweaks do is use your theme's icon masks to automatically create a themed icon for you. Then, when you activate the theme (in Winterboard), the icon you want is themed.

I like IconHarvester for the reason you mentioned - it seems to grab the icons better than TIM does. Plus, it gives you the option of deciding which icon to use (the theme's design or stock). For example, here is a shot of me customizing a theme. See how I have the option to pick icons for BytaFont, Calculator, Calendar and Camera:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361453256.016343.jpg

Essentially, if the masks exist in the theme (AppIconMask, AppIconOverlay, AppIconOverlay), i've not yet had IconHarvester create a themed icon (to include the stock or Cydia icons that are normally so hard to theme).

I can't speak so much about TIM as I don't use it - but I know that you don't get the option to select which icon to use with TIM...

This is just a suggestion - but speaking as someone who is a compulsive themer (and theme tinkerer :)), I think this might work for you. Maybe it's a thought?

Marilyn

Thanks for the help. I actually was able to figure a lot of it out and themed all my icons. Also I changed my photos icon pic to a custom pick using Ifile. Do you know anything about sounds? My themes sound isn't right for SMS when the lock screen is up. It's still default iPhone stuff. All other sounds are themed. The SMS messages sounds are all themed when in messenger. I've for a 5 running on 6.1 evasion jailbreak. Just trying to really customize this thing lol it's my first time jailbustin

As far as I know, there are only three sounds for messages:

(1) The one you get for a new text when the message app (including biteSBMS) is closed or the phone is locked (sms-received1.caf through sms-received6.caf),

(2) The one you hear when you are in an active conversation and that person sends you a text (ReceivedMessage.caf), and

(3) The sound a text makes when it is sent (SentMessage.caf).

If you've themed those files in parenthesis, then they should work across the board. I've seen nothing to make a received text sound differently when the phone is locked versus when it's unlocked. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other three posts you made today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Must be some sort of compatibility issue, needing a tweak or something. Everything looks right in the command files