What's new

e mail not receiving on iPhone 4s

roger luke

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an iPhone 4s and have three mail accounts which have worked perfectly for several years. For some reason the main account will not receive e mails, it will send but not receive. I have checked and double checked the setting, passwords etc. I have repeated the account several times and re added. I have put my settings in my daughters iphone4 and she can receive e mails on my account no problem. I am at a complete lose as to where I go from here. The other accounts work fine.

Dave who replied, if you read my thread I have already tried your suggestion of deleting and re adding the account.

Dave who replied, if you read my thread I have already tried your suggestion of deleting and re adding the account.
I didn't see anything about deleting. Only that you "repeated the account several times." I didn't know what that meant. Have you tried a hard reset? I doubt it will help, but I'm at a loss at this moment. I'll post back if I get any ideas.

Sorry Dave your absolutely correct with my apologies.
my spell check changed Deleted into repeated. I had already deleted the offending account and re installed that account to no avail. Its strange because it suddenly happened over night. I normally wake up to a pile of groups im on but this morning there was nothing. When you say a hard reset, apart from switching off and back on again, how do i do that please.

A hard reset is performed by pressing and holding Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then letting go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.