What's new

Dumb Question - How Can I Find A Specific App?

billwill

Reaction score
iTunes says I already have an App on my iPhone5 but I can't find it. When I clicked on "Show by Category," it says it's in "Medical" but I don't have a "Medical" title to anything! I will appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Did you scroll through your Purchased list? If it's not installed on your iPhone, select the "Not on this iPhone" tab to search for it.

If you know the name of the app, use the Search function to look for it.

If it's supposed to be installed on your device, you can also use Spotlight Search to find it.

Did you scroll through your Purchased list? If it's not installed on your iPhone, select the "Not on this iPhone" tab to search for it.

If you know the name of the app, use the Search function to look for it.

If it's supposed to be installed on your device, you can also use Spotlight Search to find it.

It shows up as having been installed but after searching each and every part of every app, it's not showing up. Search doesn't find it but the iTunes Apps list says it's been installed.

Having "been" installed doesn't speak to the app's current state.

Open the App Store on your iPhone. At the bottom of the App Store screen, tap on "Updates", then tap on "Purchased". Notice at the top of the screen that there are two tabs; one for "All" and one for "Not on this iPhone". Is the app in question listed in the second tab? If so, then the app was installed at one time but is no longer installed on that device, which would explain its absence.

You can also check in settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage > scroll down the list of apps. If it's there, tap on it and delete it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

You can also check in settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage > scroll down the list of apps. If it's there, tap on it and delete it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
Very good point, I always forget about that list.