What's new

Dropped 7plus

harris3

Reaction score
I unfortunately don't have Apple Care, what least expensive way to fix 7plus smashed screen....?
Only had iPhone 3 months.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 689
I unfortunately don't have Apple Care, what least expensive way to fix 7plus smashed screen....?
Only had iPhone 3 months.
Apple is not the cheapest way to get your screen repaired but if you go to a cheaper independant repair shop, the warranty on your iPhone will be voided. If Apple or an authorized repair centre fixes your screen, the warranty remains intact,

Apple is not the cheapest way to get your screen repaired but if you go to a cheaper independant repair shop, the warranty on your iPhone will be voided. If Apple or an authorized repair centre fixes your screen, the warranty remains intact,
I sent phone out to an Apple repair in California, it was not covered for accidental damage. They sent it back weeks later un-repaired.

I sent phone out to an Apple repair in California, it was not covered for accidental damage. They sent it back weeks later un-repaired.
Did they quote an out of warranty repair cost for the broken screen?

If the phone is in working order, maybe the cheapest thing to do would be to use a screen protector. It would hopefully stop the cracks getting any worse and provide a smooth surface.

Last edited:
A case and tempered glass screen protector would have been a cheaper solution to avoid that.

So your choices from here are:
- Apple Store / Authorized Repair Center (most expensive but OEM screen and warranty still valid).
- 3rd party, like a phone shop (less expensive, not OEM screen and not sure about your phone's warranty.
- Leave it as is or maybe put a screen protector on it.

Everyone has Apple Care for a year (unfortunately doesn't cover physical or water damage) ... Apple Care PLUS is available to purchase which brings your coverage to 2 years and includes 2 replacements under physical damage at a nominal cost (cheaper than buying a new one).

The only crappy thing for you is that you can't buy the extra coverage once it's broken, so you're limited.

I would pay for the Apple replacement cost since this will allow you to maintain the year long Apple Care manufacturer warranty should anything else happen down the line. If you go to a non-authorized vendor for a repair, Apple's warranty is out the window and you'll be on the hook should anything else stop working from that point forward.

You bought an iPhone 7 Plus, so you gotta be semi ballin outta control. That's not exactly a cheap phone.

Time to throw those dollars in the sky and make it rain. Good luck.

With a phone as expensive as the iPhone 7 Plus, it makes sense to make sure any necessary repairs are of the best quality. This will also result in a higher resale value when the time comes to sell it.

Everyone has Apple Care for a year (unfortunately doesn't cover physical or water damage) ... Apple Care PLUS is available to purchase which brings your coverage to 2 years and includes 2 replacements under physical damage at a nominal cost (cheaper than buying a new one).

The only crappy thing for you is that you can't buy the extra coverage once it's broken, so you're limited.

I would pay for the Apple replacement cost since this will allow you to maintain the year long Apple Care manufacturer warranty should anything else happen down the line. If you go to a non-authorized vendor for a repair, Apple's warranty is out the window and you'll be on the hook should anything else stop working from that point forward.

You bought an iPhone 7 Plus, so you gotta be semi ballin outta control. That's not exactly a cheap phone.

Time to throw those dollars in the sky and make it rain. Good luck.
Yes, it did not cover a drop on cement...lol
$129 for Apple Care +, then 29-99 dollars to fix. Ya might think im ballin, I'm using my white/gold 6s as my back up phone....lol! I used the Jump upgrades on the fam plan and pay $25-30 monthly till iPhones are paid off......I'm pre-ballin ......lol
Thanks for the reply✌

If the phone is in working order, maybe the cheapest thing to do would be to use a screen protector. It would hopefully stop the cracks getting any worse and provide a smooth surface.
yes, my case and screen save came by mail 2 days after I dropped it. For a nice phone it's still pretty ugly just to cover it up. You can actually see inner parts of device, seen in attached pic. It's an ugly mess of cracks. Ty...anyway

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 581
I do sympathise. I would be really upset if that happened to my phone.

Yes, it did not cover a drop on cement...lol
$129 for Apple Care +, then 29-99 dollars to fix. Ya might think im ballin, I'm using my white/gold 6s as my back up phone....lol! I used the Jump upgrades on the fam plan and pay $25-30 monthly till iPhones are paid off......I'm pre-ballin ......lol
Thanks for the reply✌
If you're not ballin outta control, the correct terminology is medium-pimpin'.

A case and tempered glass screen protector would have been a cheaper solution to avoid that.

So your choices from here are:
- Apple Store / Authorized Repair Center (most expensive but OEM screen and warranty still valid).
- 3rd party, like a phone shop (less expensive, not OEM screen and not sure about your phone's warranty.
- Leave it as is or maybe put a screen protector on it.

so true..
also try this tip (and many people do this, just not me...ever)

DON'T put it in your back pocket like a millennial...just saying