What's new

Driving licence

dave307

Reaction score
Hi,what would be the best option to get my driving license info on to my iPhone 6.ios10
Thanks David

You could put it in Notes and padlock it for security.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
How would I get it into noted could one take a photo of the licence on both sides and place images into notes. Or just copy all the text from licence to notes. Would you say that using your method is secure enough for passport details.
Thanks once again.

I was thinking you wanted to store your Driver's number only, but if you wanted an actual copy, you could take a photo and from there use the Share button to send it to Notes. Whether it would be secure enough for passport details is going to be a matter of opinion. Do you really need any more than the actual numbers? I don't keep any actual copies of either.

Hi, hope you don't mind me popping in.
Here's a photo of my electric meter l took last March, then l copied it into notes.
I send my supplier details every month of my readings.
So l like to keep records also.

IMG_2734.jpg

Took the photo with my iPhone and then airdropped it to the iPad.

I got the app Dashlane, which saves all your passwords and data and I access mine from there. All your information without taking a photo. I like the way Brixtonboy does his utilities but personal information can be accessed and hacked so a few security steps helps me sleep a bit better. Nothing is perfect, but the choice is yours on how you put your own personal information ou there

You could put it in Notes and padlock it for security.

How do you lock a note using your touch ID?
I know how to use the password.......but I'm lazy.
I don't want to type that much. 8 characters is overwhelming.
I just want to use the touch ID, it's more progressive........:)

Any suggestions?

You need to tap the Share button in Notes and you have the option of using your fingerprint.

I recommend changed my 4 pass numbers on iPhone as test. To a 5 letter one. What a pain that was. My brain was stuck with my numbers.

Typing on a phone is a pain also with glasses on, for me.
Security, my bank has an App great l can check my €2.56 balance anywhere, anytime.
If l do a transfer they now have a new App that sends me a Transaction Pin Number to the igerate that l have used for making the transition.

This is this funny part, l had to go to my bank to get this set up on my account.
Took along my paperwork, and passport loaded the TAN App however, l put in the wrong password and said to the boss, that this happened last time.
In the main branch.
The lady there said, well until you find the correct password there in nothing we can do.

This Boss in another branch, said it's OK we have it on file. WHAT you have my password on your computer, so if you want to, you can spend my €2.56 ?

Yes !!!!!

Every time l read well if you have forgotten you iCloud password you have a very expensive brick.
I just wonder.

You need to tap the Share button in Notes and you have the option of using your fingerprint.

Thank you SO much for that very valuable piece of security information.

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that we could do this! I was wondering about keeping my numerous passwords in notes secure......but I’m thoroughly elated to discover there was a solution sitting on my iPhone, and I had absolutely NO IDEA....!!

Once again, thank you!

I think first you need to know it is called a “DRIVER LICENSE”
Not “driving license”
Then go from there