What's new

Draining massive amounts of data since updating to ios 6

williams52977

Reaction score
Since I updated my ios several days ago I have been using a lot of data. i have not changed anything about the way I use the phone.

I ran a check last night and again this morning and I used almost 25% of my monthly data allowance while I was sleeping last night.

Obviously this update has changed something.

Any suggestions on anything I could do to stop this?

I have already called ATT and they were no help. They said they have no way of knowing how the data is being used.

Do you have Diagnostic & Usage turned on?

You can find it under: Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services

Yes that is set to On. I didnt even know that was there. Will that help me somehow figure out what is going on?

Yes that is set to On. I didnt even know that was there. Will that help me somehow figure out what is going on?

Actually that is what is using your data at night. Turn it off. And you might want to look at the rest of it as well while you are there to see if you can turn off anything else you don't need.

Oh ok, thank you. I also see on there that I have it set to back up to Icloud over 3G, that seems like it would use a lot of data. Should I turn that off?

Oh ok, thank you. I also see on there that I have it set to back up to Icloud over 3G, that seems like it would use a lot of data. Should I turn that off?

If you will be on a WiFi connection at least once a week while it is charging, then it is advisable to turn that feature off so you don't use up any of your data plan on backups.

Why I use wifi whenever I can and turn the data enabled off to save on usage.