What's new

Downgrading without SHSH blobs (iphone4), is this method legit?

Armonster

Reaction score
I read that you need the blobs to do this, but I found this video online. The way he does it seems roundabout, and maybe like some sort of bug. I think this because he uses two different versions of redsn0w to accomplish this and that seems like an odd way to go about it.

Also, someone in the comments says that this is tethered though (if it does work). And someone else states that it is but that you are able to untether it.

So I'm just wondering if someone with more know-how could tell me if this is a legit method or not.

Thanks! I don't know too much about this stuff, but am definitely willing to learn and try it (if it works).

video:

His IPSW is more than likely modified. Otherwise, you wouldn't need Pwned DFU mode. Plus he even has SHSH blobs when you look at the General tab on TinyUmbrella. He fails to mention that he's already stitched his IPSW with blobs. There's no reason to be running both RedSn0w 0.9.7 and 0.9.15 just for the sake of jailbreaking the device. 0.9.15 is capable of doing the exact same thing on 4.3.3.

Only the following situations do not require SHSH blobs for firmware downgrading
  • Lower version of iOS still being signed (i.e. 8.0.2 and 8.0 at this moment)
  • iPod Touch 3rd generation to iOS 4.1
  • iPod Touch 2nd generation to iOS 2.1.1, 2.2, 2.2.1, 4.1, 4.2.1
  • iPod Touch 1st generation to any iOS
  • iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.1
  • iPhone 3G to an iOS that is NOT iOS 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2
  • iPhone 2G
  • Apple TV 2/3 to iOS 6.1.4

Dang it! I'm 4th generation. thanks though!

this tutorial seemed a little 'off', so I thought I should ask first.