What's new

Downgrading from 9.1 to 9.0.2

allan473

Reaction score
I am curious about downloading. I know but don't understand. :)
I know Apple will stop signing 9.0.2 soon. I know I need the 9.0.2 ipsw for my phone to download.
What I don't understand is do I have to go through the process described here ( How to Downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 from iOS 9.1 ) before Apple stops signing 9.0.2 or can I do it anytime.

I just went from 9.1 to 9.0.2 about an hour ago and pretty much followed those directions. Yes, you will need to do this before Apple stops signing 9.0.2. Once Apple stops, you'll be stuck on 9.1.

It could be an hour, a day, week before apple stops signing 9.0.2. No one knows so if you plan on doing it, do it NOW/ASAP!

My guess is Apple will stop signing 9.0.2 by this Monday morning, but what do I know[emoji317]

I decided to downgrade. I made a backup which gave me 3 backups on my computer and 2 in iCloud
However, I got a message saying I had to set up the phone as a new one because the backup was too old (like 30 minutes.??) I did that and tried to restore but iTunes could not find any iPhone backups, only an old iTouch one. IN fact it says my phone has never been backed up.
Any ideas on how to find and use the backup I made?

I went back to 9.1 and my backups still would not show so I just went back to 9.0.2 and did my phone as a new phone.

I feel compelled to add this caution:

You cannot put a backup of a newer iOS onto an older iOS. So, if you make a backup on iOS 9.1 and then downgrade to iOS 9.0.2, iTunes/Apple/your device will not allow you to load the backup from iOS 9.1.

Please keep that in mind when upgrading or downgrading.

Marilyn

Just to let readers know - I did downgrade to 9.0.2 and then re-jailbreak while signing was still going on.