What's new

Downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0???

redcent

Reaction score
I up\dated by accident bc i thought the update would fix the issues but i only have the iphone 4. I tried to restore it manually with the ipsw file through itunes and i extracted the software fine but apple didnt verify it.

Is this even possible? My battery life sucks with 5.1

Nope... Apple has it built now where you cannot even save SHSHs to use in downgrading. Now as we upgrade we're stuck there w/ no return. In the future, d mind your updating & check here before doing so for all the pros & cons!

yeah i know:( I shouldve downloaded my 5.0 blobs with tinyumbrella before updating. i just signed up for this forum today so im kinda new at everything.

i wonder if the apple store people would be able to do it?

redcent said:
yeah i know:( I shouldve downloaded my 5.0 blobs with tinyumbrella before updating. i just signed up for this forum today so im kinda new at everything.

That wouldn't have made a difference. Apple has iOS designed now to where you cannot downgrade to a lower 5+ version... even w/ blobs saved. And no... tr Apple store can't either.

thomasjtsi said:
That wouldn't have made a difference. Apple has iOS designed now to where you cannot downgrade to a lower 5+ version... even w/ blobs saved. And no... tr Apple store can't either.

Loading....plusone..etcetera..etcetera

إيكرانك...المسطرة

I have this very deep hate for Apple recently, but at the same time I love their products! lol :) It is so aggravating how controlling and how long it takes them to enhance their products with customer feedback....when they get around to it, it turns out great....just takes so freaking long

I'm got swindled into upgrading to 5.0.1....got stuck in recovery mode and didn't know TinyUmbrella coulda got me out of it. and then in iTunes it doesn't have just the "restore" button....it's now the "restore AND UPDATE" button....which pisses me off cuz I had no choice at that point

btw @thomas, is your homescreen kinda choppy or laggy when swiping to different screens? i'm JB with RS 0.9.9b8 as well on iOS 5.0.1

Last edited:
izzyfanto said:
btw @thomas, is your homescreen kinda choppy or laggy when swiping to different screens? i'm JB with RS 0.9.9b8 as well on iOS 5.0.1
No izzy... I haven't had any issues to report. Going smoothly so far... fingers crossed!!

thomasjtsi said:
No izzy... I haven't had any issues to report. Going smoothly so far... fingers crossed!!

How are you jailbroke on iOS 5.0.1???

Is there an untethered way???
Nope... no untethered JB for iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1 as of yet. There is, however, a Cydia package you can install that allows you to be "Semi-thethered" after a reboot. I believe it allows you to use your phone for calls, texting, email, safari, ect... Only thing is your jailbreak tweaks, themes, ect. will not work.

Is there an untethered way???

I really wished there was. I was holding out for awhile to upgrade. Then I don't know what happened to my phone on 4.3.1 untethered. Couple weeks ago my phone kept resetting and was stuck in a on/off loop. It was just reset over and over. So I went ahead and did the upgrade and tethered jb a week later. I missed the jb tweaks and couldn't help it.

I really wished there was. I was holding out for awhile to upgrade. Then I don't know what happened to my phone on 4.3.1 untethered. Couple weeks ago my phone kept resetting and was stuck in a on/off loop. It was just reset over and over. So I went ahead and did the upgrade and tethered jb a week later. I missed the jb tweaks and couldn't help it.
I was on 4.3.1 untethered... and 5.0.1 was just sitting there burning a hole in my pocket. So, I bit the bullet and updated... then JB tethered. It's funny though... you'd think w/ all the hype made over tethered/untethered JBs that being tethred would just feel "different." It's just a state of mind if you ask me...

complete newbie here

am i right in thinking that the only downside to a tethered JB is that when u reboot (switch phone off??) u have to re click a cpl of buttons?

u can still use all the phones default/JB features

Netskee said:
complete newbie here

am i right in thinking that the only downside to a tethered JB is that when u reboot (switch phone off??) u have to re click a cpl of buttons?

u can still use all the phones default/JB features
When you're on a tethered JB & your device reboots, whither you did it or for some other reason, it'll get to the Apple logo & just sit there. That is until you connect to the computer & hit "Just Boot" in redsnOw. I know Cydia has a package that will "Semi-tether" your device. Allow the phone to restart & obtain use for calls, texts, safari too I think.... just nothing that involves the JB will work.