What's new

Downgrade 4S ???

Jaundre46

Reaction score
Hi guys
I need help I updated my iOS and I don't like it at all, so I searched the web a bit and got a site I downloaded th iOS 5.1.1 and extracted it I switched my 4S to DUF mode and shift "restore" in iTunes then it opens up to choose a IPSW file but it doesn't want to open the file so that the restore can begin it doesn't either give me a error nothing what am I doing wrong?? Pls help

It's impossible to downgrade a 4s due to there not being a bootrom exploit as in earlier versions of the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Thanks man Because when i searched over the net last night and i couldnt find anything saying that it cant be done so i thought i was doing something wrong on my side.… do you think they might find a way to do this in a later stage if not is their a way that i can jailbreake ios 6? Im new to this jailbreaking and not realy sure how to do it have watched a few tutorails… and another question i have is can i jailbreak my ipad 3 it stil has the ios 5.1.1 and if i do does the warranty fall away? Thanks in regards

Thanks man Because when i searched over the net last night and i couldnt find anything saying that it cant be done so i thought i was doing something wrong on my side.… do you think they might find a way to do this in a later stage if not is their a way that i can jailbreake ios 6? Im new to this jailbreaking and not realy sure how to do it have watched a few tutorails… and another question i have is can i jailbreak my ipad 3 it stil has the ios 5.1.1 and if i do does the warranty fall away? Thanks in regards

I'm not sure If they will find a bootrom exploit in the 4s. After all it has been a year since the 4s was released and no exploit as been found upto yet. That's not to say 1 will never be found.
As for an ios6 jailbreak it won't be released for a couple of months at the earliest IMO so all you can do for now is just enjoy using your iPhone 4s running stock ios6 and wait patiently for a publicly released jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Jaundre46 said:

Apple's position is that jailbreaking your phone voids the warranty, but all you have to do to obtain warranty service is to remove the jailbreak before taking it in for service.

Thanks allot for your replies guys I apreciate it, at least I now understand what can be done