What's new

Downgrade 4.2.1 vs 3.1.3

iphone2015

Reaction score
Should i do this or not? Downgrade? I get my used phone tomorrow. And based on what ive researched and can do. Like uncheck spotlight searches and changing the DNS on wifi to make faster and openappmkt for Cydia is it worth it? And by all the info i have put in about the phone its seems its unlocked.

Last edited:
It's always best to opt for the later iOS if not the latest iOS. For something like the 3G, it doesn't really matter which iOS you're on since you'll still lack quite a bit of support. But, iOS 4.2.1 will increase your compatibility with both Cydia apps/tweaks as well as AppStore tweaks as the base requirement for any app nowadays is iOS 4 at the very bare minimum, with 95%+ of all AppStore apps mandating iOS 5, leaving iOS 4 an unforgiving iOS unfortunately.

And jailbreaking your opinion? Greenp0ison? Seems pretty easy? I dont want to screw up but then again i dont want to just have semi cydia and not full. I dont have any means of doing any kind of prepaid Go phone right now i dont have the funds. So its just wifi only for awhile. What do you suggest?

Last edited:
For a more basic UI, GreenPois0n does the job just fine with its one-click UI. But, depending on whether the device is activated or not, you might need to use RedSn0w to jailbreak and hacktivate it if you want to use it as an "iPod Touch" until you get a plan on it. But being that the device is unlocked, you probably won't need to

When i went to an IMEI website showing everything about the phone it said it was registered and activated and simlock unlocked. I dont care about using it for music. I just get on the internet and you tube.

Last edited: