What's new

Does the AppStore really need my password every time?

xploit

Reaction score
Every time I go to download something from the AppStore, it always asks for my password. I understand it may do that for paid apps, but for the free ones too?

It's quite annoying, anyway I can turn it off?

Every time I go to download something from the AppStore, it always asks for my password. I understand it may do that for paid apps, but for the free ones too?

you always have to put in your password,free or paid apps,its security,you wouldn't want someone to be able to get into your account.

xploit said:

If your jailbroken you don't have to.

You can use PassWord Pilot. It skips the pass code verification.

Tho I don't recommend that.

What I do is use a tweak called "KBShortcuts".

I set the "0" key to have Apple ID password. So all I have to do is quickly drag from the space bar to the zero key and my password is entered instantly. Extremely convenient.

And you can assign whatever you want for any number key. So I never have to manually type out my emails, or passwords. I just drag from the space bar to the key I want, let go, and whatever I set for that key is entered.

The letter keyboard has an array of functionality.
Everything I say from here on is "dragging from space bar to x key".

Drag to the "S" key to select/highlight a single word.

Drag to "A" key to select all text.

Drag to "I" key to go up one line

Drag to "L" key to go down one line

Drag to "Q" to go to beginning of document

Drag to "P" to go to end of document.

Drag to "F" to search for a word...and this works very well.

Drag to "?" to bring up the cheat dialogue. It is a list of what all keys do when you slide to them fe the space bar.

Really I could go on and on, there are so y actions to choose from. that just what I knew off the top of my head. I don't remember half of the them.

And you can change them from the Settings.app. Don't like a certain key to perform an action and would like a different key to do it...you can literally change any key to do whatever you want.

One of the most amazing keyboard tweaks ever.

Note: If you have SwipeSelection installed then you have to briefly pause on the space bar before sliding to the action key of your choice. It is no problem at all once ya get use to the brief .5 second pause.

zig9449 said:
If your jailbroken you don't have to.

You can use PassWord Pilot. It skips the pass code verification.

Tho I don't recommend that.

What I do is use a tweak called "KBShortcuts".

I set the "0" key to have Apple ID password. So all I have to do is quickly drag from the space bar to the zero key and my password is entered instantly. Extremely convenient.

And you can assign whatever you want for any number key. So I never have to manually type out my emails, or passwords. I just drag from the space bar to the key I want, let go, and whatever I set for that key is entered.

The letter keyboard has an array of functionality.
Everything I say from here on is "dragging from space bar to x key".

Drag to the "S" key to select/highlight a single word.

Drag to "A" key to select all text.

Drag to "I" key to go up one line

Drag to "L" key to go down one line

Drag to "Q" to go to beginning of document

Drag to "P" to go to end of document.

Drag to "F" to search for a word...and this works very well.

Drag to "?" to bring up the cheat dialogue. It is a list of what all keys do when you slide to them fe the space bar.

Really I could go on and on, there are so y actions to choose from. that just what I knew off the top of my head. I don't remember half of the them.

And you can change them from the Settings.app. Don't like a certain key to perform an action and would like a different key to do it...you can literally change any key to do whatever you want.

One of the most amazing keyboard tweaks ever.

Note: If you have SwipeSelection installed then you have to briefly pause on the space bar before sliding to the action key of your choice. It is no problem at all once ya get use to the brief .5 second pause.

Wowsers, KBShortcuts sounds quite convenient. I'll have to check it out. Dang, dude, I learn something new every time you make a post :)

Thank you.

Yes....KBShortcuts is one of the most functional tweaks out there...and I dont think the Dev gets enough props for it.lol it's such an amazing tweak I would go crazy not having it installed. I have always used this tweak since the day it was first released.