What's new

Does anyone know a motion sensitive alarm clock app for iOS that does not mute SMS sounds?

dc2999

Reaction score
I've been using "Sleep Cycle" app on my iPhone for a while now. I really like the concept -- it uses the built-in accelerometer to track when I'm in certain stages of sleep, which the app uses to wake me up just before the scheduled time when I'm not in a deep sleep. It's way better than an old-school alarm clock that triggers exactly when you set it.

But unfortunately that app has one major drawback. When I set it at night and lock the screen (obviously for security reasons) it also mutes any incoming text messages, which is a MAJOR NO-NO for me. I need to hear those!

So I was curious if anyone could recommend a motion sensitive alarm clock app for iOS that does not mute SMS sounds when it's activated?

I've been using "Sleep Cycle" app on my iPhone for a while now. I really like the concept -- it uses the built-in accelerometer to track when I'm in certain stages of sleep, which the app uses to wake me up just before the scheduled time when I'm not in a deep sleep. It's way better than an old-school alarm clock that triggers exactly when you set it.

But unfortunately that app has one major drawback. When I set it at night and lock the screen (obviously for security reasons) it also mutes any incoming text messages, which is a MAJOR NO-NO for me. I need to hear those!

So I was curious if anyone could recommend a motion sensitive alarm clock app for iOS that does not mute SMS sounds when it's activated?

I use this:

Sleep Time+ : Sleep Cycle Smart Alarm Clock, Sleep Tracker with Sleep Cycle Analysis and Soundscapes for Better Sleep by Azumio Inc.
Sleep Time+ : Sleep Cycle Smart Alarm Clock, Sleep Tracker with Sleep Cycle Analysis and Soundscapes for Better Sleep on the App Store

Once you set the alarm for the time you'd like to wake up, you just put the phone face down on your bed. This way the proximity sensor shuts off the screen so that it doesn't run the battery down faster. The phone isn't locked, so this would allow SMS/iMessage alerts to be heard.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I use this:

Sleep Time+ : Sleep Cycle Smart Alarm Clock, Sleep Tracker with Sleep Cycle Analysis and Soundscapes for Better Sleep by Azumio Inc.
Sleep Time+ : Sleep Cycle Smart Alarm Clock, Sleep Tracker with Sleep Cycle Analysis and Soundscapes for Better Sleep on the App Store

Once you set the alarm for the time you'd like to wake up, you just put the phone face down on your bed. This way the proximity sensor shuts off the screen so that it doesn't run the battery down faster. The phone isn't locked, so this would allow SMS/iMessage alerts to be heard.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Roy, thanks for your suggestion. But, like I said, I prefer to lock the phone for security reasons. Will that Sleep Time+ app still allow text message sounds through when its alarm is set? If you have it, can you please try it and let me know?