What's new

Does 4S' back plate cover camera too?

TimeTraveler7

Reaction score
Does the iPhone 4S' back plate also cover the camera part, or is that actually camera sticking out through a hole (such as e.g. Samsung Galaxy, where there's a hole in the back cover, and the camera's soldered to the board at that position)? So if that section gets a scratch, is it enough just to have the cover changed (i.e. the scratch is on the cover only), or does this mean the camera is scratched (if that's just a hole in the cover, like with Samsung)?
Also, how can one tell that the covers are original (sturdy/glassy, not some weird replica)?

Does the iPhone 4S' back plate also cover the camera part, or is that actually camera sticking out through a hole (such as e.g. Samsung Galaxy, where there's a hole in the back cover, and the camera's soldered to the board at that position)? So if that section gets a scratch, is it enough just to have the cover changed (i.e. the scratch is on the cover only), or does this mean the camera is scratched (if that's just a hole in the cover, like with Samsung)?
Also, how can one tell that the covers are original (sturdy/glassy, not some weird replica)?

The back cover DOES include the camera glass as one piece! As far as how to know if its original apple idk but apple can replace for 29 dollars and it takes them 5 min so not that big of a deal, take care

-Luther Unleashed

OK, sounds fine then. Any idea what the price is if both front and back covers are to be replaced?

Also... is there any chance that some tight-fitting case can scratch the surface (like with some bad piece of its inner coating, or some glue leftovers from manufacturing process, or something)?

OK, sounds fine then. Any idea what the price is if both front and back covers are to be replaced?

Also... is there any chance that some tight-fitting case can scratch the surface (like with some bad piece of its inner coating, or some glue leftovers from manufacturing process, or something)?

Idk but that's too much to worry about, it doesn't scratch that easy! The Fromm is not replaceable by apple, aftermarket I think you can have it done for a price but I'm not familiar with that!