What's new

Dodgy phone calls

georgia

Reaction score
When i make a call there is no ring tone, just silence shortly followed by a type of "connection" noise and then i can hear distant voices (indian dialect). The receiver of the call can hear me but not the voices. I cannot hear the receiver of the call and i have tried communicating with the voices but i do not think they can hear me.

What on earth is this about?

As a small note, i have recently taken my phone to a non-iphone shop to get the screen repaired and have only experienced these problems since then....

When i make a call there is no ring tone, just silence shortly followed by a type of "connection" noise and then i can hear distant voices (indian dialect). The receiver of the call can hear me but not the voices. I cannot hear the receiver of the call and i have tried communicating with the voices but i do not think they can hear me.

What on earth is this about?

As a small note, i have recently taken my phone to a non-iphone shop to get the screen repaired and have only experienced these problems since then....
It's possible that the shop that repaired your iPhone caused internal damage when replacing the screen.

What happens when someone calls you?