What's new

docking station help??

valleyboy22

Reaction score
Hi all,

My son has a jbl docking station and recently when he connects his iPhone 4 to it, it don't work? I have connected my iPod to it and it works a treat? I'm not sure if the phone settings or something has changed or it just wont connect. It charges up fine but the music wont come out of the speakers? We have bought him a iPod Nano but the connections are different as its a 8pin not the 30. So is it possible to get a adaptor convertor to work on the docking station and if so what will be the correct one please?
(its the 7th Generation one)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi all,

My son has a jbl docking station and recently when he connects his iPhone 4 to it, it don't work? I have connected my iPod to it and it works a treat? I'm not sure if the phone settings or something has changed or it just wont connect. It charges up fine but the music wont come out of the speakers? We have bought him a iPod Nano but the connections are different as its a 8pin not the 30. So is it possible to get a adaptor convertor to work on the docking station and if so what will be the correct one please?
(its the 7th Generation one)
Thanks in advance

You can get a 30 pin to lightning adapter at a lot of places, including the Apple Store as well as Amazon. Here's a link for what's available on Amazon:

Amazon.com apple 30 pin to lightning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
While an adaptor will allow you to connect the iPod Nano to the docking station, it will not seat properly because of the bulk of the adaptor.

Thanks for the reply. A lot on eBay don't support audio. But I seen one like this. Will this style work OK?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-30-12-46-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-30-12-46-05.png
    245 KB · Views: 475
I'm not familiar with that accessory. Maybe one of our other members would be able to help.

Thanks for the reply. A lot on eBay don't support audio. But I seen one like this. Will this style work OK?

I just bought that same item a couple of days ago off eBay to see if it will work on our Sony radio clock.
According to the picture it is supposed to charge and allow you to play music b/c it has the other plug too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For an update, the adapter will charge but will not support audio playback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk