What's new

Do You Use a Case?

Front and back invisibleSHIELD with custom black and white bumper and custom white back glass and black front glass.

Ra1nMaKeR said:
Front and back invisibleSHIELD with custom black and white bumper and custom white back glass and black front glass.

Sounds dope. Can you load a pic?

Currently my phone is carbon fibered (sides and back) with a front invisishield with Cowboys colored commuter otter box. My bumper should be in the mail. 👍🚚💨

Just purchased a Lifeproof Case for my 4s after the belt clip on the Otterbox Defender Busted off when I got out of my car too quickly. Oh well, it was a good case while it lasted. I had been using the Otterbox Defender since November and different things would break on the Belt Clip like the Feature that allowed the user to stand the phone up like a picture frame. The one thing that I did not like to have to do all the time was have to clean off the inside screen. Specks of dust would manage to sneak in there. This isn't a waterproof case either, just splash proof. This lifeproof case is supposed to be waterproof. I did the 1 Hour test underwater and the inside of the case was perfectly dry, so I believe that it should work. Don't let your kids play with it while in the water though. They might unscrew the headphone cover or the battery charger port. This thing is pretty expensive though. It was $80 just for the case then another $30 for the belt clip. One thing cool with the back of the case is that it acts as a resonanting spreaker and so the bass seems to reverberate more with it.

Last edited:
So what about the official iPhone Bumpers? I have heard rumors of them scratching the phone, yet a friend of mine who is extremely anal about his stuff (because he sells his stuff away used, to get newer models) swears by the zagg front and back shield and a bumper case by apple. His phone has had a bumper case for over a year and there isn't a mark on the stainless band, or anywhere else.... In addition, he rarely takes the bumper off to clean inside, because he doesn't want the bumper to become stretched and loose. So the band is rarely cleaned, yet still scratch free.

So was this all exagerated by the internet?

Anyone else using the bumpers without an issue?

Last edited:
So what about the official iPhone Bumpers? I have heard rumors of them scratching the phone, yet a friend of mine who is extremely anal about his stuff (because he sells his stuff away used, to get newer models) swears by the zagg front and back shield and a bumper case by apple. His phone has had a bumper case for over a year and there isn't a mark on the stainless band, or anywhere else.... In addition, he rarely takes the bumper off to clean inside, because he doesn't want the bumper to become stretched and loose. So the band is rarely cleaned, yet still scratch free.

So was this all exagerated by the internet?

Anyone else using the bumpers without an issue?

i pretty much have the same setup. no scratches at all.

i've actually never dropped any of my smartphones for a good 4 years so now i just rock the phone with screen protector front and back.

KarlieJai said:
i pretty much have the same setup. no scratches at all.

i've actually never dropped any of my smartphones for a good 4 years so now i just rock the phone with screen protector front and back.

Why do you rock your phone? What does that do for the phone?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Not actually "rocking".

Read the sentence, and substitute the word "rock" with "have".

New member here...got my iPhone 4s last week and currently have the Teal Otterbox Defender. I'm torn about it. The color combo looks awesome, but it's so bulky. After two days, I ripped the screen protector out because it made the screen look so murky. I wound up getting the Moshi clear protector (HUGE rave for how amazing this product is) and have that on the front & back, and then the phone in the Otterbox. I like that Otter is so protective, but I may end up buying one or two slimmer cases and switch them out from time to time. I take good care of my electronics when at home and work, but in the past I have had people on the street knock into me and cause my phone to topple to the ground, so I definitely need some kind of protection.

Norstadt said:
Not actually "rocking".

Read the sentence, and substitute the word "rock" with "have".

I always thought that rock and have meant two different things.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Changes case often lmao
Incipio w the sliding bottom black w white phone and feels sooo GOOD;)

I have the GHOst armor cover over the phone installed at the mall it's amazing love it!

I'd like a bumper lol next purchase!
We should snap pics of all our phones w their covers or all covers lol:-$
I love to try on covers prior to buying ....

I have been using the Lifeproof Case for about a week and have really liked it a lot. The one thing that can be a pain though is the fact that if you have any speck of oil or dust, it can be hard to get every single piece off the inside of the case before snapping it together. This case is supposed to be pretty durable too. And as far as being thin, it is about as thin as you can get and still be protective. It is way thinner than the defender case. And it won't stick in your pocket if you decide to put it in your pocket. It's expensive at $80 though.