What's new

Do I buy Apple Care ??

tintbob

Reaction score
Just had my 2nd replacement phone via the Apple Store ( on an orange 24th month contract) )
Apple give me warranty until its a year old (22nd oct 2012) and orange then warranty the 2nd year, apple want £61 for a years coverage, is it worth me buying this ?? Orange tell me if my phone goes wrong they will send me a new one ..

Thoughts ???

Tint Bob

If Orange is going to cover it, I don't see why you'd need AppleCare.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Even if you have apple care, if you need replacement, they charge the price of the phone to your credit card until they receive your current one. Or you send them your phone and wait up to 3 weeks to get a replacement. I know this first hand and I live 1300km away from where it comes from. No more than 3 day travel via currier

Ahhhh I'm lucky, apple store about 13 miles away :)

And orange also charged my friend £50 for replacing the iPhone on top of £12 a month, if you got apple care and you can take it back to the apple shop I don't think they charge you like orange do, but not everyone lives close enough to a apple shop

personally I take care of my apple products and never need APP but if youre prone to scratching your ios products dropping them or you always have problems then it could be worth paying £61 for a year

Unleashed said:
personally I take care of my apple products and never need APP but if youre prone to scratching your ios products dropping them or you always have problems then it could be worth paying £61 for a year

Personally I think it's always worth taking out AppleCare but do Remember it only covers faults with the item and not accidental damage; that's what insurance is for!

Personally I think it's always worth taking out AppleCare but do Remember it only covers faults with the item and not accidental damage; that's what insurance is for!

Exactly, it doesn't cover loss or theft. I think insurance is the way to go with an Apple phone. YMMV.