What's new

Dlna on iphone or ipad

sony007

Reaction score
Basically my tv is DLNA compatible and I d/l an dlna app from the app store on my iphone but I can stream the pictures OK but I'm unable to get the videos recorded on the phone to play on the TV. Is there an app that works flawlessly for streaming video via DLNA?

What is DLNA? Just curious....sorry I am of no help.lol

sony007 said:
Basically my tv is DLNA compatible and I d/l an dlna app from the app store on my iphone but I can stream the pictures OK but I'm unable to get the videos recorded on the phone to play on the TV. Is there an app that works flawlessly for streaming video via DLNA?

I use imedia share lite it works better, but I have a sharp Tv. Hopefully you can use it too. Good Luck!

I just installed that app and my tv picks it up from my phone but it's saying there is no content when trying to stream my video which I recorded from the iphone. Do they have to be converted to avi firstly? Even the photos do not show. Are you streaming movies to your tv that you put directly on your phone?

Cheers

Choose the video you want to play and then imedia will give you the option to be played in your iphone or "other media sources". Choose the other sources it will take a few seconds but it will show in your Tv.
I hope this will be of any help. :)

This is a fantastic application. Is there anyway to add more channels other than the default ones?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

DLNA i haven't heard any extension like such in which the video from any phone is recorded. The format in which the video is saved must be either 3GP or MP4.