What's new

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s announcement?

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s?

• Yes - Wanted iPhone 5

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No - Can't wait to order

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Other then the name and look, I think the iPhone 4s is pretty much what we expected. Are you disappointed with the announcement?

I really can't say I'm disappointed in the announcement truthfully. I was kind of expecting it to go that way anyways. I'm happy that there is a solid date for iOS 5 2 days before my 31st bday. Im also happy that the new device will be dual-band (gsm&cdma) that means I get to choose a carrier thats right for me. So I might it buy factory unlocked.

I think they announced a ton of great features and provided a huge upgrade on top of the iPhone 4 with the iPhone 4S. It's a great device. However, I think so many people out there were expecting a totally new design iPhone 5.... I think you can't help but be disappointed. So, color me impressed but still disappointed.

I was actually disappointed, but at least there is a 64GB model and the A5 chip.. I am still going to buy it and sell my iphone 4.. plus its available on the 14th of this month :D

I'm also really happy that they finally have it for the Sprint network... and that you SHOULD be able to unlock it and use it with T-Mobile as well. (fingers crossed)

I am really shocked people are getting bent out of shape over this. Apple is literally the most consistent device maker on the planet. They followed their previous modus operandi to the letter.

Since I've only had my iPhone 4 for 5 months, I wasn't planning on getting the next one anyway! However, with all the hype from the last few months, all the rumors and speculation, all the supposed leaks, I feel bad for all of those who were soooo excited for the iPhone 5. I guess it's a good lesson learned... don't believe until you see!

The release is pretty much par for the course. Apple doesn't come out with completely new models every year, but upgrades in between. Just like they did with the 3, 3G, 3GS.

pretty much what i was expecting...Im not sure why everyone was expecting a completely revamped phone, its not in Apple's track record. The original iphone all the way up to the 3GS are almost identical, in fact the 3g and 3gs are identical. There was no reason to expect a change visually.

I personally, am really excited about the new iOS...our phones will be completely different after its installed. A lot of those changes i think are really going to make using our phones so much easier.

I can assure you that is exactly the case. I have been on iOS 5 for 2 months and love it. With the iPhone 4S specs and iOS5, it will set the standard for usage.

I really like that the iphone will be available so soon. 7th pre order and 14th its here.. with the 4 we had to wait ages...

Last edited:
I at first was annoyed and because of this didnt listen to the actually specs of the phone and just focused on the design. I nearly went out and bought a Galaxy S2, but when reading the actualy specs its just as good as last years update, 2x more ram and power, only problem is the design and screen, but hey ill still buy it.

I've heard good things about Gazelle, but I think it's likely to be flooded right now! But you may want to check it out!