What's new

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s announcement?

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s?

• Yes - Wanted iPhone 5

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No - Can't wait to order

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
Just wondering if I'm jailbroken with redsnow for iPhone 4 how can I take it off so I can get iOS 5? And when will it be available for iPhone 4 users to get ios5

j_a773 said:
Just wondering if I'm jailbroken with redsnow for iPhone 4 how can I take it off so I can get iOS 5? And when will it be available for iPhone 4 users to get ios5

Backup and restore. Oct. 12th

pretty much what i was expecting...Im not sure why everyone was expecting a completely revamped phone, its not in Apple's track record. The original iphone all the way up to the 3GS are almost identical, in fact the 3g and 3gs are identical. There was no reason to expect a change visually.

I personally, am really excited about the new iOS...our phones will be completely different after its installed. A lot of those changes i think are really going to make using our phones so much easier.

I totally agree....

enge

I'm new to this forum--not an iPhone owner yet (still have a dumb-phone). I've been reading the rumors and read the live blog as it was updated during my lunch hour yesterday. The upgrades to the 4S are enough to put me in the can't-wait-to-buy-it camp. The new higher res camera is what I'm after. I bought an iPad last spring (and love it dearly), but the two things it can't do are take decent pictures and, of course, phone calls. This new phone will be the perfect partner to my beloved iPad--better than the alternative I was considering which was adding a point-and-shoot to my purse.

I'm curious as to what all of you disappointed people are disappointed about? What feature(s) were you eagerly anticipating that didn't come through?

I'm new to this forum--not an iPhone owner yet (still have a dumb-phone). I've been reading the rumors and read the live blog as it was updated during my lunch hour yesterday. The upgrades to the 4S are enough to put me in the can't-wait-to-buy-it camp. The new higher res camera is what I'm after. I bought an iPad last spring (and love it dearly), but the two things it can't do are take decent pictures and, of course, phone calls. This new phone will be the perfect partner to my beloved iPad--better than the alternative I was considering which was adding a point-and-shoot to my purse.

I'm curious as to what all of you disappointed people are disappointed about? What feature(s) were you eagerly anticipating that didn't come through?

A lot are disappointed about the fact that there is no any brand new design, any bigger screen, basically any iPhone 5.

I can't say that I am disappointed in the iPhone 4S announcement but I really wanted to see a larger screen on the next iPhone. Its not surprising that apple did not change the shape of the iPhone because it saves making new dies and other parts for the manufacturing process. And personally I think that the iPhone 4 looks very nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm a former Android user that 4 month ago ...... and I went with the iPhone 4.... however I will not upgrade. 4S may sound like a big disappointment to others but is a great device!

Having been on Treo for a few years and then Blackberry for almost 4, I was trying to decide between a Samsung Android or the iPhone. My computer for decades is Macintosh and I have been very happy with the Mac.

Helpful to hear that a former 'Droid user is not disappointed with the iPhone and iOS.

Honestly. I had my expectations. But no disappointments. I have the iPhone 4. And when it's time to upgrade. I will get the 4s. So. Dual core. Let's go.

If you were looking for an exterior redesign I am sure most are disappointed, however if your focus is the function then like me I am all for it. I have to wait a few months to get my new 4S under contract but until then I will just upgrade to iOS5 and jailbreak. The 4 is already a nice looking piece of equipment to me so the lack of a redesign is no biggie. In addition I am more interested in the personal assistant features, HAL is here, look that up if you are too young to remember HAL.

Does anyone know if the hotspot will be any faster with the 4s?

I hate to throw a monkey wrench into this, but the only iPhone 4S that will get the speed increase are GSM based phones. If you are using a CDMA based iPhone, the only change you might see is better reception levels.

A lot are disappointed about the fact that there is no any brand new design, any bigger screen, basically any iPhone 5.
Thank you for the reply. That's kind of what I suspected. As for me, I think the current appearance of the iPhone 4 is quite nice, I don't want it to be bigger to accommodate a bigger screen, and I really don't care what model number they have decided to attach to the product.

Jmills87 said:
Yes, it will, because the iPhone4 can only handle speeds of 7.2Mbps whereas the 4S boasts speeds up to 14.4Mbps

Wow nice!!! I cannot upgrade at the moment. Not until 2013. ;'(.

Sent from my Tricked Out Pink Hearts Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4using iPF.net