What's new

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s announcement?

Disappointed in the iPhone 4s?

• Yes - Wanted iPhone 5

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No - Can't wait to order

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
Apple's stock took a tumble.

AAPL - Apple Inc Stock quote - CNNMoney.com

Usually after a new release, it will have a nice flareup.

Guess I'm not the only one disappointed. Who would have thought that the iPhone killer would turn out to be the iPhone.

Mark it down, people. October 4, 2011. The day Apple surrendered in the phone wars. Samsung, congratulations.

But iPad will continue to beat everyone in the Tablet wars, at least for a couple of years.

Sprint, sorry for the 20 Billion you just squandered. I'd fire whoever signed off on that. 5 years ago the Motorola Razor was the best selling phone. Something tells me iPhone's run is over as well. Your turn, Android.

Yes, it is down. But your tantrum really is getting boring!

Apple's stock took a tumble.

AAPL - Apple Inc Stock quote - CNNMoney.com

Usually after a new release, it will have a nice flareup.

Guess I'm not the only one disappointed. Who would have thought that the iPhone killer would turn out to be the iPhone.

Mark it down, people. October 4, 2011. The day Apple surrendered in the phone wars. Samsung, congratulations.

But iPad will continue to beat everyone in the Tablet wars, at least for a couple of years.

Sprint, sorry for the 20 Billion you just squandered. I'd fire whoever signed off on that. 5 years ago the Motorola Razor was the best selling phone. Something tells me iPhone's run is over as well. Your turn, Android.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Let me catch my breath.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously? You really want to use their stock price as a measure of success?

LETS LOOK at the stock price at closing today. OH WAIT we need context.

Open: 374.57

Close: 372.50

Oh wait you didn't think to check the actually closing bell numbers did you? You just saw a CNN story and ran with it.

Yeah, way to trust a news site that has to deal with advertisers to stay in business. IE they need sensational headlines to sell ad space.

So a .56 % drop in price from open to close. Yeah, it did drop. But someone jumped the gun. BESIDES YOU that is :)

Ya, having Apple's stock down today was a gift from the stock gods.. :) I didn't catch it at the bottom, but close.

Tue Oct 04 15:06:28 2011 Buy AAPL Executed @ $358

I really like that the iphone will be available so soon. 7th pre order and 14th its here.. with the 4 we had to wait ages...

am going to sell my 4 on ebay and hopefully make around 450 for it even with my 0% feedback lol.. might not be so easy.. what selling sites do you guys use?

I use Ebay, you just have to be careful and, describe your selling terms clearly. I've sold two phones on there and both times, the buyer claimed something was wrong or they couldn't use the phone, which was not true. I still ended up selling both phones but, it's a PITA; because I think some people want to just play with it for a little bit, then get their money back.

On the subject: I'm a little disappointed but, not surprised. The Iphone 4 design has only been around for a little over a year. I'm still going to wait and see what the nexus prime will be like but, I may just end up keeping my Iphone 4.

What is kinda sad is that a lot of places leaked the iPhone5 prediction ... which now leaves me to wonder when will they release the iPhone 5, Dec. '11 or next year? On Sprint so moving to iPhone and even tho I have had Macintosh computers for decades, I have used other cell phones .... not sure what to expect from Apple ... heard so many problems with their iPhones over the years that I stayed with other brands and was finally ready to move to iPhone when the HYPE was for iPhone 5 and now we have a revamped iPhone4. Don't know how others feel, but I am reticent to commit to a 2-year contract and then find out in a few months I could have had the iPhone 5 .... anyone?

this is why its never good to get your hopes very high when apple are about to announce new products, every one was expecting major changes like form the 3gs to 4 with major design changes and lots of extra features

I use Ebay, you just have to be careful and, describe your selling terms clearly. I've sold two phones on there and both times, the buyer claimed something was wrong or they couldn't use the phone, which was not true. I still ended up selling both phones but, it's a PITA; because I think some people want to just play with it for a little bit, then get their money back.

On the subject: I'm a little disappointed but, not surprised. The Iphone 4 design has only been around for a little over a year. I'm still going to wait and see what the nexus prime will be like but, I may just end up keeping my Iphone 4.

Yeah you can never be sure about the other user, last time I tried to sell a phone on ebay i got a bunch of nigerian scammers but this time I will put a buy now button where if you press it you have to pay straight away...

you can put no returns.. but when you have 0% feedback its not so easy.

I had to get a phone in August, so I got the Iphone 4 Verizon. I was sad because I wanted to wait until the new Iphone came out. But after seeing what I'm missing I’m not so sad now! The 4s is a very minor upgrade. And really makes me anxious for the True Iphone 5 update next year!
I guess now I can go ahead and get the LifeProof Case since it looks like the Iphone will remain the same this decade.

$sample_iphone4-g2.jpg

Last edited:
Im a former Android user that 4 month ago decide to move on after I purchase my iPad 2 on release day. I was happy with the iPad and decide that I was going to adopt the apple Eco system, so I was ready for my upgrade and I went with the iPhone 4. I was just not going to wait and I was almost sure that iPhone 5 will not be around this year base on apple history with 3, 3G, 3GS as it was mention before.

Now if I was in the market now, I will just get the 4S, however I will not upgrade. 4S may sound like a big disappointment to others but is a great device! Looks reviews on iPad to iPad 2... There is a great improvement with the A5 processor.

yes very disppointed they let there self fall behind on all will not buy it time for dorid for me faster lte the real diff is software in 4s i though it was a joke the iphone 4s they will have to do better dorid eating thier lunch

they should put big disply and lte not out date technology

Just curious, what is your native language?

And to address your point. LTE isn't that great yet. Deployment is still very limited. Battery life on all LTE based phones are sub-par at best. And bigger displays are not always better. Just ask all the 4+" AMOLED screen users when they are out in the sun trying to use their phones.

Skull One said:
Just curious, what is your native language?

And to address your point. LTE isn't that great yet. Deployment is still very limited. Battery life on all LTE based phones are sub-par at best. And bigger displays are not always better. Just ask all the 4+" AMOLED screen users when they are out in the sun trying to use their phones.

LTE will be good as soon as is 100% across the country and as skull say the battery still been a BIG issue. I don't think apple has a reputation for been early adopters, they just prefer to do it right. Also wait for the comparisons between a 4S and the LTE phones speed over a network. LTE don't do the speeds that is mean to be and apple say that 4S should be very close the LTE speeds... I will love to see those numbers soon. It will be fun.

What is better, 16g or 32g?

Depends on your usage. But from my experience if you are not storing any music on the phone, then 16GB is plenty. The second you add MP3s into the picture, go as big as you can afford.

Also I have a feeling that the new Apps for the iPhone 4S are going to be monsters now that they have speed to play with. So that might also need to be accounted for.

Not bothered at all and frankly happy as with my iPhone4.

That would make sense to me, I have a 32g SD card in my Droid and still have 24g of space on it.

DaytonAnnie said:
Since I've only had my iPhone 4 for 5 months, I wasn't planning on getting the next one anyway! However, with all the hype from the last few months, all the rumors and speculation, all the supposed leaks, I feel bad for all of those who were soooo excited for the iPhone 5. I guess it's a good lesson learned... don't believe until you see!

Yup!!! I am happy w what I have. Looking forward to the software upgrade. There will be an iPhone 10 by the time I am ready to upgrade lol.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net