What's new

Disabled Iphone

Beckio

Reaction score
hey guys this has probably been asked 10000 times but ..
My iPhone 6 screen recently smashed to the point it just had green lines all over the screen... So I got I fixed today for the simple reason I want the pictures of my only baby born few months ago.. They didn't backup to iCloud for some strange reason, but the rest of the phone did.. Anyway whilst my screen was broken unknowing to me it was pressing random things such as my passcode, low and behold it's locked. It says disabled connect to iTunes.. When I connect it to iTunes it only tells me to update my firmware, if I do this will it unlock my phone? I need those pictures of my baby :(

It will unlock your iPhone, unfortunately it will also erase all the data on your iPhone, including your photos. It is, however, the only way to return your iPhone to an operational condition.

Before you update your iPhone:
Do you use iCloud Photo Library? If so, go to www.icloud.com using a computer, login an see if the images are there. If they are, you can save them somewhere else, then update your device.

Is there no way what so ever to get the pictures ? I don't mind paying a fee for a process either. Thankyou for your reply

Before you update your iPhone:
Do you use iCloud Photo Library? If so, go to www.icloud.com using a computer, login an see if the images are there. If they are, you can save them somewhere else, then update your device.

Thanks for you reply, I already checked this as I have iCloud automatic back up on but for a strange unknown reason it hasn't backed up my photos! Which is really annoying as I lay an extra £2.50 p/m for 200gb storage on iCloud...

Photos are not included in a backup, if you use iCloud Photo Library, because they'll sync between devices, or to your online photo library, which can also be accessed in www.icloud.com online.

The 200 GB storage are used for your images too, though.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will work, but on my iPad mini running 9.2 I can access the camera roll with the mini locked on a windows PC.
If I hook it up via USB I can use windows file explorer to access the mini like an external drive as far as the camera roll is concerned. It shows up like a drive, you click on it and can open the DCIM folder. Note this is a trusted PC and the one I have iTunes on, but it might be worth a shot....

I am the same problem too. I found this information useful. Thanks guys, it really helps me a lot.