What's new

“Deliberate Malicious” iOS Firmware Leak Confirms iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus Names

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus names confirmed in Firmware leak.JPG

Ahead of Apple’s special iPhone launch event on Tuesday, 9to5 Mac reports that data discovered within the iOS firmware leak that it originally reported on exclusively on Friday appears to confirm that the names of the three new iPhones will be iPhone X for the OLED phone, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus for the two new LCD models.

This latest information was discovered by developer Steven Troughton Smith, who tweeted out the news.

Meanwhile, as for how such a massive leak occurred, John Gruber over at Daring Fireball has a pretty good idea, stating that “someone within Apple leaked the list of URLs to 9to5 Mac and MacRumors. I’m nearly certain this wasn’t a mistake, but rather a deliberate malicious act by a rogue Apple employee. Whoever did this is the least popular person in Cupertino. More surprises were spoiled by this leak than any in Apple history.”

Sources: iOS firmware indicates Apple to announce ‘iPhone 8’, ‘iPhone 8 Plus’ and ‘iPhone X’ on Tuesday

iOS 11 GM Leaked, Reveals New iPhone Names, Wallpapers, Cellular Apple Watch Details, and More

Apple have not been able to stop the leaks of iPhones since the iPhone 4, every year the rumours are true and the leaks tell us everything before Apple announce it.

I try avoid most of the leaks so I am not sitting there watching the event and knowing what they will say, but some impressive updates and hopefully more when Apple announce it in two days.

I don't believe anything in rumours until it's confirmed by Apple, sorry. Go back a year and read what was being said about iPhone 8 then and when it might be launched and what it may or may not have, all a waste of time. Tuesday we will know for fact.

I don't believe anything in rumours until it's confirmed by Apple, sorry. Go back a year and read what was being said about iPhone 8 then and when it might be launched and what it may or may not have, all a waste of time. Tuesday we will know for fact.

I am usually the same, but the rumours have turned out to be mostly true every year for years. I will still be watching and hoping for lots of features that have not been mentioned, especially for the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.

I will be watching l hope and look forward to new things for owners to play with, although l will not be buying one, just don't have the need at the moment for a new handy.
Nothing flashy but l have an iPhone 7 sitting by my bed, just in case l need it.

Ahead of Apple’s special iPhone launch event on Tuesday, 9to5 Mac reports that data discovered within the iOS firmware leak that it originally reported on exclusively on Friday appears to confirm that the names of the three new iPhones will be iPhone X for the OLED phone, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus for the two new LCD models.

This latest information was discovered by developer Steven Troughton Smith, who tweeted out the news.

Meanwhile, as for how such a massive leak occurred, John Gruber over at Daring Fireball has a pretty good idea, stating that “someone within Apple leaked the list of URLs to 9to5 Mac and MacRumors. I’m nearly certain this wasn’t a mistake, but rather a deliberate malicious act by a rogue Apple employee. Whoever did this is the least popular person in Cupertino. More surprises were spoiled by this leak than any in Apple history.”

Sources: iOS firmware indicates Apple to announce ‘iPhone 8’, ‘iPhone 8 Plus’ and ‘iPhone X’ on Tuesday

iOS 11 GM Leaked, Reveals New iPhone Names, Wallpapers, Cellular Apple Watch Details, and More
If they ever find out who leaked the info, they can kiss their job goodbye as well as the possibility of prosecution through the legal system.

Reactions: 933
BBC Fast as ever with the news, it gets reported and 2 days later up comes the Beeb with the Scoop
Wow