What's new

delete voice mail

Vett

Reaction score
is there a way to delete a voice mail without going to voice mail, I ask because I am using a go phone and is costs every time I go to voice mail and I get a lot of bogus calls leaving voice mail

You can delete a voicemail from the list on your iPhone without listening to it so you won't incur charges. After you click on Voicemail, look at the upper right of the screen and click on edit. That would allow you to to delete without listening to the message.

I click on voice mail and there is no edit in the upper right, it just goes straight to dialing voice mail

image.jpeg
This is what I am talking about. It has been the same view since IOS 4 and my iphone4. If you do not have this view I do not know how you get it, sorry.

View attachment 25917 This is what I am talking about. It has been the same view since IOS 4 and my iphone4. If you do not have this view I do not know how you get it, sorry.
This menu only appears if you have visual voicemail activated on your iPhone. If it's not activated or your carrier doesn't support it, this menu doesn't appear. My carrier charges $5.00/month for visual voicemail.

Last edited:
Thank you. Totally forgot the term Visual Voicemail and apparently that it wasn't provided by all carriers. Sorry. OP.

Does it charge you to listen to the VM from a land line? Could you erase it via options it may have through a land line?

Yes but her question was a good one. I can access my iPhone voicemail thru a landline and erase messages, without incurring cell phone usage, if you can also, that could be your recourse.

I don't think you understood my response. Most carriers allow you to call in to voice mail from a land line. And they offer options to delete, save, replay, etc. I was asking if your carrier had this service an might allow you to listen and delete without charging. You must not have had a cell phone in the old days before iphones, LOL! When we had the old flip phones, most times we'd call in from a land line so as not to incur charges.

I can still call my VM from a land line now occasionally (we are not allowed to carry our phones at the hospital). I call my own number and enter a pin that I set up with the carrier a long time ago and then it prompts me to listen, erase, save, etc.

Last edited:
I am not sure I can do that as my phone is Att and my land line is through Comcast cable

It doesn't matter who your land line is. I call my voice mail from work. You have to set it up with a pin and then you can call your own cell phone number from a land line anywhere and it will connect to your voicemail after you enter the pin. it will then prompt you through the options.