What's new

Delete calendar event via email

Rob Grattan

Reaction score
Hi,

I know the iPhone has a cool feature whereby if you get an email like this:

Meet you 12/12/2014 at 5pm until 6:30pm

the date and time will be highlighted and by tapping on it you can add it into your calendar.

Does anyone know of a way of deleting the event via email?

I've tried things like :

12/12/2014 at 5pm until 6:30pm cancelled or deleted or removed

But it doesn't delete the event.

Anyone any ideas?

Rob

Are you trying to delete the email, or the invite in your calendar? You don't make that clear.

Try going to your Calendar>Tap on the event day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218493.150004.jpg

Now tap on the colored event time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218547.966841.jpg

Now tap "Edit" in upper right.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218611.466805.jpg

Now scroll down to "Delete Event" and tap that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218677.600073.jpg

That should work. You can't delete Calendar Events from in your email.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218464.550096.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408218464.550096.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 318
Are you trying to delete the email, or the invite in your calendar? You don't make that clear.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I was hoping that, if you can create a calendar event from an email, you could delete a calendar event from an email. But it looks like that isn't possible.

Also, the events created this way don't have the 'Edit' button as shown in your image 'Event Details' so can't be deleted manually!

Not good!

Rob

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I was hoping that, if you can create a calendar event from an email, you could delete a calendar event from an email. But it looks like that isn't possible.

Also, the events created this way don't have the 'Edit' button as shown in your image 'Event Details' so can't be deleted manually!

Not good!

Rob
If you don't want the event in your calendar, just hit decline on the email invite. If you just want to delete the calendar event after the event occurs, try this.
There are two things you can do about this, one on the device and one on iCloud.com:

On the device, you can setup to sync the calendar only for the events in the past two weeks (that's the shortest duration in the past you can set it to).

Do this by going to Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Under the Calendars section, go to the Sync submenu
Select Events 2 Weeks Back.

Login to iCloud.com, go to Calendar and follow Apple's help on "Delete or hide events":

To automatically hide past events, choose Preferences from the Action pop-up menu , click Advanced, select “Hide events n-days after they’ve passed,” then enter a number of days.

Set it to 1 day (that's the minimum allowed).

Hope this helps!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Hi, Ledsteplin,

Thanks for the response. Will take a look at that.

I'm trying to set up a job scheduling system that will work for iPhones as well as smartphones and Outlook (www.tradeez.com.au).

I can create iCal events that create and delete events in Outlook OK. The same iCal code creates events on the iPhone, but doesn't delete the events. Not tried it on a Smartphone yet...

Will investigate further.

Rob