What's new

Default iPhone Applications Gone!! How to them get back?

SpiraLTap

Reaction score
Ok first off it's 2:00AM on Xmas morning and I just created an account and typed all this out to realize this is strictly an iphone4 forum.. My question below pertains to a iphone 3GS specifically since I was unlocking it after getting the iphone4... I hope the mods will allow this to stay since this problem could happen on either models I believe.
-------------------------------------------------
All, Help!

I had a stock 3GS on 5.14.02 baseband and 4.1 firmware. To unlock and give to my sister on t-mobile, I used redsn0w9.6b6. I jailbroke it fine using the 4.1 firmware while upgrading to the iPad 6.15 baseband. Then I went into the default iphone settings app and hit "Erase All Content And Settings" (stupid. hindsight should of done this first) to easily delete all my photos and other crap on there.. Well once the iphone finished doing that "reset", all the default iphone applications disappeared! (Phone, Maps, Calc, Weather, etc.)... Only Cydia was left.

So that's still where I'm at. When I do the same jailbreak over again, the default apps are still missing. I can't do any type stock restore, because I get the 3194 error and my SHSH is not on file with Cydia so I cannot bypass the 3194 error. When I restore from an old backup, the default apps are still not there.

My only option it seems, is to try to somehow update to 4.2.1 (how should I do that, using quickpwn on a mac? redsn0w wants same existing fw version) and hope I get the default iphone applications back by doing that. Any reason I shouldn't try this guys? Or has anyone seen this problem before where the default iphone applications disappear? Or where I can re-install the default iphone applications (I've searched and I don't see how I can do that). They must still be present on my phone, but just not showing for some reason! I was able to add other applications sitting in my sync list in itunes (unfortunately default apps are not in the itunes sync list).

I just got the same problem. After I installed iPad firmware and erase all data and setting from general option, my iphone default apps just disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back.

Big thanks!

Yeah it sucks. Can't find anything on the Internet about this. My phone is still bricked

I just got the same problem. After I installed iPad firmware and erase all data and setting from general option, my iphone default apps just disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back.

Big thanks!

IM guessing that you mean you installed iphone firmware and not iPad firmware yeah?

I installed iPad firmware 06.15.00 on my iPhone to unlock my iPhone with utrasn0w. but now I only see a blank page with no apps.