What's new

Debating moving from android to Iphone 7 plus

CyA

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I'm currently an lg v10 user but am debating making a change to iphone 7 plus.

This is due to my employer offering monthly credit for company phones as opposed to just providing them. I haven't had a choice in a while....now I do thus the debate.

My wife had the 6s plus for a while and an ipad- so I have had time to play with ios and the latest iphone.

I was hoping to hear from folks about why they choose Iphone as users seem to love it over phones with a wider stay of specs and features.

My biggest reservation has always been the difference in screen quality between droid flagship and iPhone. In terms of specs there appears to be a difference in the quality....does that factor bother Apple users.

Thanks everybody

No.1 for me is Security
I have no problem with the screen quality, l know it would be better if l removed the protector or bought a better one.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

It appears that the screen on the iPhone 7 is a huge improvement. I'm a fan of LG as far as their TVs go, so I assume their phone screens are pretty special.

Never having had a smartphone other than iPhones, I'm not really in a position to tell you why I prefer iPhones. I just happen to have settled on them. The big feature for me, I suppose, is the Apple system, offering portability of files and data seamlessly between devices.

If a phone is what you are after, then you need to consider whether the iPhone will do what you want it to do. If there are features you must have that the iPhone does not offer, you'd probably be better off with what you know. All I can offer in this regard is that I'm never left wanting, but then again, I don't know what I'm missing.

Hi Kevin you could aways buy a cheap android stick your card in it and see how long you last with it. [emoji1][emoji1]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I have had Android phones and iPhones and I would never go back to Android.
For me it's a few things, Apple build the phones and the software, the build quality can't be beaten in my opinion, It's the stability, It's ease of use, The updates are sent out regularly and everyone gets them at the same time.
Apples customer service can't be beaten, If your phone has a problem in the first twelve months it's sorted. Also there's the resale aspect, iPhones hold their money, If you take care of them you can get a good price when you want to sell.

I'm also pondering making the switch to an iPhone 7+, I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 4 and have always had Android, Like Kevin said above, I think Android is where I just settled and never thought about switching until now. Also having a chance at getting an iPhone 7+ for $10.00 per month sounds very enticing as well. :)

I'm also pondering making the switch to an iPhone 7+, I'm currently using a Galaxy Note 4 and have always had Android, Like Kevin said above, I think Android is where I just settled and never thought about switching until now. Also having a chance at getting an iPhone 7+ for $10.00 per month sounds very enticing as well. :)
Welcome to iPhone Forums, @RS17185! If you decide to do decide to get the new iPhone 7 Plus, we're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

I chose an iPhone because I had already owned an iPad for a few years and had recently bought a MacBook. I love the Apple eco-system and the iPhone happily forms part of the trio and I can pick up on one device where I left off on one of the others.

I have had Android phones and iPhones and I would never go back to Android.
For me it's a few things, Apple build the phones and the software, the build quality can't be beaten in my opinion, It's the stability, It's ease of use, The updates are sent out regularly and everyone gets them at the same time.
Apples customer service can't be beaten, If your phone has a problem in the first twelve months it's sorted. Also there's the resale aspect, iPhones hold their money, If you take care of them you can get a good price when you want to sell.

I can't begin to say how right PoisonIvy is on this subject. I was a die hard Android fanboy until March 31st 2010 (you can search for all the articles I wrote on overclocking back in the day to see just how much of a fanboy I was lol). And I will never go back to that ecosystem again.

The part of her quote that I highlighted in red is an understatement. Verizon gave me and my wife both $400 credits towards our new iPhone 7s. We are both trading in iPhone 5Ss (that looks so weird, lol). I am almost positive that we paid about $400 for each of our phones back on launch day with a two year contract extension. To have those two great phone for 3 years and not lose any value to what I paid.... Yeah, try that with an Android phone. Not a single cellular provider out there will even consider it. In fact, they would politely laugh if you asked.

Like others have said, Security is the #1 reason. I never worry about downloading an app like I did with Android. The phone also works seamless with the Mac and iPad to give an amazing experience. Screen quality has never been an issue to me.

Although I haven't received my iphone yet, the primary reason I'm switching is the quality of games. I left android a year or two ago for Windows phone because I wanted better quality games. (Not these stupid games that stop you with pay walls at every progression point in the game that seem to run rampant on android)

I enjoyed the windows platform, but it's dying. There aren't too many games/apps being developed on it anymore. I think MS did an ace job with the OS, but without developers supporting the ecosystem, it can't survive. I found myself playing the same games all the time because there wasn't anything new coming out. I think MS shot themselves in the foot a with previous windows phones and no matter how good of a job they do with it today, people just aren't going to go for it. They would need to completely rebrand them somehow.

Well a couple weeks ago, my windows phone died. Time to get a new phone, did my research, and I'm switching to the dark side. Unfortunately for me, this all happened just as Apple was releasing the 7, so I have to wait with no phone in the meantime.