What's new

Data usage

sony007

Reaction score
Is there an app that can let you know how much data you are using over the net for the IPhone?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Make sure to allow it to auto update with location other wise it won't update in the background

Any AppStore app is just way too inaccurate.

I have tried like a million of them (including Download Meter) and every one of them were way off.

The best way to track data is to Jailbreak and install WeeTrack Dat for Notification Center.

Just type in how much data your plan allows in the settings then enable it in notification center.

Pull down NC and you will see how much data you have used on a scale of what you can use per day, week, month.

ec59fcc0.jpg
85dff2d3.jpg
77176b8e.jpg

Have tested many times with the data usage from my carriers account. Very accurate.

Cheers guys, will give WeeTrack Dat a try.

Yeah, WeeTrackData is the best. I jailbroke my iPhone so I could tether and use WeeTrack.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

I installed this but when I resprung my phone I wasn't unable to get past the lock screen, I've got lock screen info installed on my phone so maybe that or something else is not allowing it to work.

sony007 said:
I installed this but when I resprung my phone I wasn't unable to get past the lock screen, I've got lock screen info installed on my phone so maybe that or something else is not allowing it to work.

What is Lock Screen Info?

It's called Lockinfo, it's an app that shows you have notifications and from what app and who when your phone is in locked mode.

OK I got it installed now. So when I'm on wifi it wont included that in the date usage will it?

sony007 said:
OK I got it installed now. So when I'm on wifi it wont included that in the date usage will it?

Nope.

It only counts data used from cellular Internet. That's it.

I don't know how your carrier bills you..but Verizon bills me in 2 week cycles.

I get 1GB of data per 2 weeks.

That means in order to prevent going over my data limit...I must use no more then 34.1MB per day.

So that means in WeeTrackData's settings..I put 1024 as my "monthly data limit".

That is if you have a 2GB data limit.