What's new

DATA POPUP WINDOW

DallasFan

Reaction score
About 2X a day I get a window that pops up and says that my DATA is cut off.

It's irritating..... I know it's cut off because I put it that way.

If I am not using wifi I keep the data cut off so I don't consume it by mistake and use my data allocation.

I was also told that keeping one turned off when I use the other one keeps them from competing with each other.

Is there something I can do to keep the window from appearing?

Is the popup just a gimmick to get us to turn on the data, go beyond our plan and encourage us to buy a better data plan?

---------

One more random question, when we type in a box like this, is it possible to delete spaces without deleting typed messages?

Can we delete lines from left to right or do we have to use the X and delete from right to left?

Many Thanks

I am bound to be wrong again but, switch off Wifi and
ask to join other networks.
See if that gives you what you want.

The second bit sorry don't know what your talking about

I know what you mean now just checked another forum l'm in and it doesn't do it.
If you want a gap you need to double tap. Like this.

Cool. This forum is the same with pictures, they handled differently. Why l have no idea. All l see is a photo that has more megabytes or gigabytes or whatever.

Positive or negative no idea, an expert will be along soon to explain no doubt.

I am bound to be wrong again but, switch off Wifi and
ask to join other networks.
See if that gives you what you want.

The second bit sorry don't know what your talking about
Thanks,I cut it off, let's see how it works out.

I thought that checking it on was the right thing to do....... I guess not

I know what you mean now just checked another forum l'm in and it doesn't do it.
If you want a gap you need to double tap. Like this.

Cool. This forum is the same with pictures, they handled differently. Why l have no idea. All l see is a photo that has more megabytes or gigabytes or whatever.

Positive or negative no idea, an expert will be along soon to explain no doubt.

Yeah, I know how to add space but not delete it....no doubt there is a secret trick somewhere

Lots of smart people here

One more random question, when we type in a box like this, is it possible to delete spaces without deleting typed messages?

Can we delete lines from left to right or do we have to use the X and delete from right to left?

Many Thanks
When you intend to remove more than one word of a quoted post in your reply, tap one word, then choose "Select", which will mark that word. From there, you can extend the part you wish to remove. It will look like this:
IMG_1580.jpg

Then either tap "Cut" (see screenshot), or tap the delete key on your keyboard.
That also works when you have to delete lines.

Otherwise, you'd have to delete from right to left, using the delete key.

And for your first question:

Turn off Bluetooth, if it's enabled. In it's not turned on, enable it, then disable it again and restart your iPhone.

daggone it...the cell data window popped up again
Go into Settings>Cellular> and check what you have set for data use. That may be what is doing it but I have never seen that pop-up and I do turn my cell data off at times.

And btw, the two antennas do no conflict with each other, the assist each other, moving to the strongest signal. So the only time I turn cell data off is when I am on a cruise or out of country.