What's new

Cydia

jackdoors

Reaction score
I've recently downloaded some stuff from Cydia, since then I've had a few problems with my phone.. Like it rebooted and wiped all my contacts off for one. Is Cydia safe? I was told it was.. But to be honest I'm not even sure this is legal! Pretty stupid of me not checking everything was safe. Any help would be appreciated.

jackdoors said:
I've recently downloaded some stuff from Cydia, since then I've had a few problems with my phone.. Like it rebooted and wiped all my contacts off for one. Is Cydia safe? I was told it was.. But to be honest I'm not even sure this is legal! Pretty stupid of me not checking everything was safe. Any help would be appreciated.

Cydia must be safe cos if it wasnt people on here wouldnt be using it Have to buy a package so you can back up all your data

Cydia is safe, without that jailbreaking would be pointless on new firmwares. It's legal.

So do you think me downloading anything from Cydia, has anything to do with my contacts being wiped off my phone? Or just unlucky and one of these things that can happen?

jackdoors said:
So do you think me downloading anything from Cydia, has anything to do with my contacts being wiped off my phone? Or just unlucky and one of these things that can happen?

It did the same to me last week I had to restore 2 times with itunes last week

Yeah I hadn't linked my numbers with iTunes so I'm screwed!! You mentioned a package to back up my data? What's that, is there any point getting a package or just make sure I back up my contacts etc on my iTunes?

jackdoors said:
Yeah I hadn't linked my numbers with iTunes so I'm screwed!! You mentioned a package to back up my data? What's that, is there any point getting a package or just make sure I back up my contacts etc on my iTunes?

Check in cydia 1 is a paid app 1 is free not sure what they are called Always back up with itunes Check out those apps in cydia☺