Reaction score
how to install cydia for iphone4 IOS4.3.5,
y the old one is not accepting after the ipdate

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

its telling as not correct ispw

i am dng with dat file only

I need ANYONE to msg me when an untethered jb comes out for 4.2.10 vz iphone. And i mean ANYONE!!!! And no Trolls plz? Trolls are Gay... Thanks!

Jmills87 said:
There will never be an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.10 or 4.3.5

So when iPhone 5 comes out there won't be an untethered jailbreak. I thought they were waiting for iPhone 5 to come out then do an untethered jailbreak then.
I will be bummed out if an untethered JB doesn't come out.

Jmills87 said:
There will never be an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.10 or 4.3.5

So when iPhone 5 comes out there won't be an untethered jailbreak. I thought they were waiting for iPhone 5 to come out then do an untethered jailbreak then.
I will be bummed out if an untethered JB doesn't come out.

iPhone5 will come with iOS5 preloaded, it will not use 4.x firmware. Eventually iOS5 will be jailbroken but 4.3.5/4.2.10 will never be jailbroken untethered.

Jmills87 said:
iPhone5 will come with iOS5 preloaded, it will not use 4.x firmware. Eventually iOS5 will be jailbroken but 4.3.5/4.2.10 will never be jailbroken untethered.

If iPhone5 comes with iOS5 preloaded and not 4.x firmware why can't there be an untethered JB for all of us 4.3.5/4.2.10 users as well?

Folks like to say never, but as others say, you should never say never... BUT... the reason they say never about this subject is as follows:

Apple patched the exploit used by ion1c to untether the 4.x jailbreaks in 4.3.4 and 4.2.9.
It is a lot of hard work and effort to discover a way to untether a jailbreak. With IOS 5.0 just around the corner the question is why would a talented jailbreak developer waste any of their time searching for, and assuming they find one, then exploit a bug to make an untether for 4 versions of IOS (4.3.4, 4.3.5, 4.2.9, 4.2.10) which are already more of less obsolete?
Doing this stuff is not trivial. It takes many weeks / months of hard slog. That is why most folks say it will never happen. Nobody who has the skill is motivated to do it. They are spending their time finding exploits for IOS5 (and as we know from recent news they have 5 userland exploits already in their bag).

You have the option of a tethered jailbreak in the meantime. You just have to live with that. If you are careful about how you used your phone you can live with the tether, provided you take the right precautions.

Also, if you want to be a little more optimistic, one of the userland bugs discovered for IOS5 may actually one day allow the 4.x versions to be untethered too. But there is no way that will be released until 5.x is well and truly out. Then and only then you might see an untether for them, but that is a really long shot and by the time it comes out you will probably rather want to be on the 5.x jailbreak it is associated with...

Jmills87 said:

If iPhone5 comes with iOS5 preloaded and not 4.x firmware why can't there be an untethered JB for all of us 4.3.5/4.2.10 users as well?

Really, Why you will want to work on that as a Developer when such of a big change is coming on iOS 5? Developer want to safe there resources for iOS 5

Jmills87 said:

It's possible that the iOS5 untethered jailbreak will work on 4.3.5/4.2.10 but at that point there's no reason to stay on those firmwares. Might as well update to iOS5 for the untethered jailbreak.

Let me rephrase my statement. There will never be an untethered jailbreak SPECIFICALLY designed for 4.3.5/4.2.10