What's new

Cydia Tweaks affecting battery life?

MikeCorruption

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive recently installed the following tweaks;

Color Keyboard (BigBoss)
Folder Enhancer (BigBoss)
NoNewsIsGoodNews (BigBoss)

Ever since i installed these it seems that my battery is draining faster, it might just be me thinking this because today it didnt drain as fast, but im not sure, has anyone else experienced battery draining faster the more tweaks they have?

Have you noticed any tweaks draining your battery faster?

Thanks for any input :)

Of the three you mentioned, I only have colorkeyboard and have not noticed a difference in battery life. I hope this helps eliminate the issue.

most tweaks will not affect battery life. i have 2 out of the 3 and a lot more and my battery life was only lowered a little but that is over time wear and tear

I have a few tweaks installed but haven't noticed any difference in my battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a lot of tweaks, but the battery never goes down faster than usual. The only problem is that the phone runs slower that my mother's 4s, which is older!

I also have been noticing battery drain worse than normal an only have small tweaks no themes installed I might restore and then wait for the iOS5.1 update and see how the battery is there since I saved the shsh for the 5.0.1 do I can go back of I want to

Sent from my iPhone4S 32GB

I also have been noticing battery drain worse than normal an only have small tweaks no themes installed I might restore and then wait for the iOS5.1 update and see how the battery is there since I saved the shsh for the 5.0.1 do I can go back of I want to

A word of warning here: SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, while save able for the iPhone 4S, are of no use as of this writing. Currently, there is no way to use SHSH blobs to go back to iOS 5.0.1 once you have upgraded your 4S to iOS 5.1.

IOW, with a 4S, if you upgrade, you WILL lose your jail break with no guarantee or time frame as to when the community can jail break iOS 5.1 (or higher).

Just so's you know...

Marilyn

Mickey is right, once Apple stops signing 5.0.1 there will be no way for you to downgrade, even with blobs, until they develop a bootrom exploit for A5 devices. I can tell you right now that 5.1 does indeed improve battery life on the 4S, unfortunately once it comes out you will have to decide between staying on 5.0.1 for Jailbreaking or updating and not being able to jailbreak.

Mickey330 said:
A word of warning here: SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, while save able for the iPhone 4S, are of no use as of this writing. Currently, there is no way to use SHSH blobs to go back to iOS 5.0.1 once you have upgraded your 4S to iOS 5.1.

IOW, with a 4S, if you upgrade, you WILL lose your jail break with no guarantee or time frame as to when the community can jail break iOS 5.1 (or higher).

Just so's you know...

Marilyn

Can i confirm something? That only applies to the 4S right? If the iphone 4 is upgraded to 5.1, it can be downgraded back to 5.0.1 anytime?

Can i confirm something? That only applies to the 4S right? If the iphone 4 is upgraded to 5.1, it can be downgraded back to 5.0.1 anytime?
Unfortunately this applies to any iDevice. The SHSHs can be saved for 5.0+... but currently there's no way to apply them when attempting to downgrade.

Thomasjtsi said:
Unfortunately this applies to any iDevice. The SHSHs can be saved for 5.0+... but currently there's no way to apply them when attempting to downgrade.

Ok, thanks anyway.

No, it's only for A5 devices. A4 and lower devices, you can use Redsn0w to stitch your SHSH blobs into a custom firmware for downgrading.

Ok well thank u jmills87 I will definitely upgrade to 5.1 for better battery life is rather better life then little tweaks I barely use the jailbreak tweaks they don't affect my iPhone to much in a good way so I will upgrade thank u for the info everyone