What's new

Cydia on iphone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBMORR

Reaction score
How long before I can install Cydia on my I phone 5 Im receiving 9/21??

We won't know until the Jailbreak Developers get their hands on the 5. Could be weeks... could be months... just don't know yet.

Personally, I think we will be lucky to see a fully working and publically released JB on the iPhone5 much before Christmas :(

I sincerely look forward to being proven wrong and eating my hat... :D

I was just lookin back at JB release dates... and it was over 3 months before we saw a JB for the 4S. Ugh!!! Oooh oooh... can we sell tickets to this hat eating fiasco?!?

I was just lookin back at JB release dates... and it was over 3 months before we saw a JB for the 4S. Ugh!!! Oooh oooh... can we sell tickets to this hat eating fiasco?!?

Yup, although past performance is not an indicator of future results... :)

Tickets for "Man vs Hat" go on sale in time for the holidays...

Yup, although past performance is not an indicator of future results... :)
The time frames are getting steadily longer though... but hey... we can look forward to the "Man vs. Hat" rumble in the jumble right!!

Otherwise then that screenshot that was posted and pod coming out and saying he is not working on an OS6 jailbreak, has there been any word at all from the people who create the jailbreaks on OS6 or the Iphone 5?

Thanks

what if i have a JB iphone 4, could i upgrade to ios6 and then JB again?

what if i have a JB iphone 4, could i upgrade to ios6 and then JB again?

Yes, but there is only an unsupported tethered jailbreak available for the iPhone4 at the moment. This is intended for JB tweak developers only. Cydia is not installed by default nor is it officially supported and other things may be broken.

We encourage members to respect Saurik's wishes and not install Cydia on an IOS6 tethered jailbreak. Rest assured that progress is being made and when the community is ready, they will update the tools and make the tethered jailbreak public.

Nothing at all for the 4S and 5. Still tethered only got the 3GS & 4. Untethered for old Bootrom 3GS.

Exploit: Found

Released: No

Reason: Requires Developer Account

Status
Not open for further replies.